Fly Tying
Crackleback

Double Down Streamer Swap

Looking for one more swapper to round out the streamer swap discussed in another post. Everyone will be tying two patterns. One has to be articulated and the other can be any streamer of your choosing. You'll be tying six of each, so twelve total. Toe tags, return envelope with postage, etc. just like always. Due February 28th.

SWAP IS FULL

Swapmeister: Crackleback-Half Chub/tba

1)eastern fly-tba/tba Received

2)trez-Purple Featherwing/tba Recieved

3)joseph russell-Boogie Man/Telephone Box Received

4)Dorado-tba/tba Received

5)vicrider-Hog Snare/Cypert Minnow Received

6)gunpowderleader-Squishy/bunny leach Received

I used the video of Rich Strolis. Each segment has 2 different marabous, ice dub, schappen craft hair, then the very front with lazer dub and craft hair. He used rubber legs on stage 1 and 2 but I ended up using it on all three on a couple, couple just on 1 and 2, mostly because I forgot on a couple.

I tied one of these in a slightly smaller size for a different swap and when you throw it you want to be able to sidearm it some and I wouldn't want to sit to my right. I found before you throw it if you give it a whip close to you it tosses a lot of water off, then go deeper. It works fairly shallow since I used aluminum eyes and tho I've never been to where I could throw it at large trout the bass like it and might just bring out some bigger ones.

So it is the Brian Wise version. Rich Strolis uses arctic fox on the original. I've tied and fished it both ways and they fish more or less the exact same. I kind of prefer the craft fur version because it's easier to work with. Half the fox at the fly shop usually seems too short. Here's Rich tying the original. http://vimeo.com/34414042

-Mike