Fly Tying
Kudu

Hunters Harvest Swap

Originally was going to start this next month but after finishing up last swap I thought I would get this going. I deer hunt the middle of November and then bird hunt December, January and February. Im going to give a bit of time for this swap so everyone can gather the materials that they want. I am going to open this to the first 15 as there has been quite a bit of early interest.

Standard rules apply as to SASE, etc. Flies are to be to me by Jan. 30, 2014. Please do not be late. Everyone is to tie 16 flies and you will not receive one of your own back.

The swap specific rules are: (1) the fly must contain a material that you harvested by hunting/trapping, (2) please make sure your material has been rid of any pests, etc., (3) please make sure your material is legal in the U.S. and that it has been legally harvested (sorry no bald eagle flies allowed), (4) this does NOT have to be a trout or freshwater fly but may be if that is your desire; and (5) post the material you are using as your harvested material but not the fly (if you get something else this season and decide to change that is okay)
SM Kudu.......buck tail--completed
1. gpd4............received
2. m_grieb.......received
3.xrayts...........Received
4.professori....xxxxscratchedxxxx
5.fishingbobnelson...pronghorn--received
6.vicrider..........received
7.troutguy........received
8.essquamvideri..received
9.mybadhabit...squirrel--received
10.LP ID 66...bucktail/sharptail...received
11.riffleriversteelheadslayer..squirrel, fox, partridge...received
12.Henrik Thomsen..deer/pheasant---received
13.Piker20...roe deer, guinea, husky...received
14.Natedubay..duck..received
15.Michaelray...foc--received
16.Flyunder..received
17.Hokkaido_Flyfisher..

The names already posted are those that responded to my first post. I ask those people to speak up and let me know their material or if they have changed their mind and no longer want to participate.

SWAP IS FULL AND NOW CLOSED

Well, I was going to say I'm in, but you beat me to it! My Bald Eagle/Spotted Owl scud would have been perfect for this, but I'll pick a different critter and let you know.

Are you willing to take a newcomer? Been tying for a couple years now but just joined this forum and would like to participate in this swap. I have a buck tail and a sharptail grouse skin.. Not sure on the fly yet.

Glad you joined. Sharptails are a neat bird and quite tasty. I got my first last year after I killed my mule deer out in Montana.

Fishingbob and Riff:

Glad you joined. Im real excited about the pronghorn. I didn't get drawn last year for my Montana trip but did get a real nice mule deer 168 and a half. Got my first huns, sharptails, and wild pheasant while I was there as well. I just wish I had my Llewellin with me. I much prefer a pointing dog to a flushing dog (not criticizing just a personal preference). I go back to Montana next fall and hopefully I will get to go for a pronghorn as well as a mule deer.

Riff I thought you would tie with some of that Northwooods Yeti hair. Anyway, good to have you.

Mybadhabit it is good to have you too.

Cannot do return postage direct from Denmark (or the post office cannot?!).

But if you accept PayPal payment for return postage I'm in with a deer, phesant combo, probably involving something dyed in picric acid...

Henrik

Fishingbobnelson

Did you tan the pronghorn yourself I got one this year wish I would have saved some hide...

my buddy called me tonight so I will be out on the water in the morning so I may add some duck to the fly as for the Yeti hair all I got left is some urine stained vixen so I will send you some but I'm not sure it is legal in all states

Fishingbobnelson

Did you tan the pronghorn yourself I got one this year wish I would have saved some hide...

No, had it done by a friend who had a taxidermy business. He got half the hide, I got the part with the bullet hole.

I am still in. What fly to tie??? My fly will be a nymph or wet fly of all turkey or a streamer of fox or coyote. Hmmmm.

I am still in. What fly to tie??? My fly will be a nymph or wet fly of all turkey or a streamer of fox or coyote. Hmmmm.

Will you be serving taco sauce with that?