Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
tctrout

MS Bugger Fly Tying Video

In this video, I show a really fun pattern that uses only a few materials, the MS Bugger. This fly features a unique dubbing from Fly Tyers Dungeon, which many of you may know and use. I'd love to hear if you are using the MS Bugger dubbing on any other patterns, as it's been fun to tie with.

Thanks and enjoy!

Tim

Niiice. That fly just screams groceries. It can't help but catch fish. Our area smallies will love it.

Nice video and nice fly Tim. I think I would have called it the Bird's nest however. Looks

like a fish catcher. Have you fished it ? Nice vise by the way. I see you're heavy into the

Stonfo product line.

Niiice. That fly just screams groceries. It can't help but catch fish. Our area smallies will love it.

Glad to hear it, and be sure to let me know how it works.

Nice video and nice fly Tim. I think I would have called it the Bird's nest however. Looks

like a fish catcher. Have you fished it ? Nice vise by the way. I see you're heavy into the

Stonfo product line.

Thanks for the kind works, and the dubbing works really well. When it comes to products that others have created, I tend to defer to those names (and there is already a Bird's Nest pattern, ha ha!). I have fished this fly, but only a couple times, and it has worked well both times out.

The vise is a great one, and I enjoy many of the Stonfo products. Have you used many of them? They can be tough to find in the US since the products are primarily carried in Europe.

Tim

Tim

I've seen the Stonfo vise a few times in pics and videos and always thought it was kinda sharp looking

but when laying out an expenditure like that I would always like to give the item a test ride. I see JS Stoddard

carries them and is actually having a sale on them this month. After 15 years I bought myself a new vise at the beginning

of year and I just love it. I will not mention any names to protect the innocent. That MS bugger sure does look like a killer

for smallies. Thanks for posting

Mogup