Fly Tying
zip

What's up y'all?!

Hey gents!Hope everything is going well with all of you,wherever you may be.

How has everyone been doing?Hopefully making it through the holidays safely and with as little stress as possible.

Fell off the map for a while on my end.After my Glades trip in July my wife and I bought our first house!2500 sq feet with 1.75 acres on a lake.Also got back into school which has been interesting.I can honestly say I've taken craps harder than college.Along with all that I have realised that there is always something to improve on with my home so the work seemingly never ends,but it's mine so I really don't mind.

With winter setting in I have transitioned from one love to the next.Removing old fishing line,lubricating reels and hanging up rods and trading it for the deer stand and a Remington 700.Been a slow deer season this year.Im a helluva lot better fisherman than I am a hunter,but watching the woods come to life when the lights breaks is as sobering to the soul as watching it on the water.

Probably won't be tying any for a bit.I tied enough this past spring that I may be set for another year!Did get the hook up from my taxidermist though. He gave me a Wal-Mart bag full of kudu from a big game hunt.Gotta tie a bunch up for him and his guides in Africa.If I have any left over I'll shoot em' out to some folks around here.

Well hell...guess that a enough rambling for one evening!Have a good one!

ZIP !!!
Good to see you in here again. BIG congratulations on the homestead. A labor of love ... and it's never quite over.

Central Florida just had record setting rains yesterday. One day total of 3 inches or more over very large areas. We get daily, local downpours during the Summer, but this was unusual.

For example ... Orlando/Orange County broke the record that stood since 1911. That record was 1.75 inches. They got 3.5 inches!

Unfortunately, as my two week holiday/vacation kicks off, all that rain doesn't bode well for good fishing. Going to be a lot of zero catch days, I predict.

But, life, in general, is fantastic. Still working, with a recent raise. (tiny, but it'll buy us an extra dinner out each month ... maybe)

Merry Christmas you you, too. And to all the members here.

Thanks Vic!

Mike-My father recently moved down that way.Said the rains had been crazy as of late.Lives in Okeechobee county,I guess about an hour and a half south of you.

Steve-Yea brother were still in GA!Thought that was going to change not long ago.Almost moved back up to TN (Inherited a chunk of land outside the Smokies).Playing with dish as in your fish tanks?If so you'll be excited to what I'm in the process of building!

I was out on the St Johns River on Wednesday. I had a good day of catching sunfish, and small bass, but that was before the rain. Water level is up about 3/4 of a foot right now. Hopefully this will help the Shad run.

Hey Steve hope you're doing well man. Good to hear all is well.

Whereabouts did you fish in the glades? Probably my favorite place to fish nowadays...

Hey Steve hope you're doing well man. Good to hear all is well.

Whereabouts did you fish in the glades? Probably my favorite place to fish nowadays...

Thanks bud!Caloosa and I hit Holiday park the weekend after Independence day.It was funny because I think we ended up running close to 70 miles of water before we found what we were looking for...around the corner from the boat launch lmao!

How are you and your family doing?

People would be surprised by how good fishing is close to ramps... tends get overlooked.

Good man no complaints! Just spent today and yesterday on the water, with some shots at bones. No cigar but hey man I'm not complaining!