Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

And now a database problem

8 replies to this topic

#1 FlaFly

FlaFly

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,776 posts

Posted 20 January 2016 - 10:27 PM

Now I can't get the Fly Pattern Database to open.  I even tried to go via the Hatches site, but it just keeps sending me to the forum.  Kinda like an addictive drug...  the forum doesn't work well, but it won't let us go anywhere else.

Anyone else having this problem?

"Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it."

Agatha Christie

"No one wants advice -- only corroboration."

John Steinbeck

"I had six faithful serving men, they taught me all I knew.

Their names were what? and why? and when? and how? and where? and who?"
Rudyard Kipling

#2 Yeti

Yeti

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 12:45 AM

same here.

#3 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 07:00 AM

use the report button and report it to the administrators and sit back relax while they hopefully work out the kinks. visit other places on the forum until its fixed

nobody on the forum can fix the problem

signature-bar.jpg

Think BEFORE you assume!

#4 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:01 AM

Been like that for the third day here. in fact now I can't click on any of the forum headers, I get a fatal error message. I can only click on the live topic items listed over the poster who posted last. Funny, it all started when I went to click on the v-caddis that showed up in the pictures above ( of posted flies and recipes). So never did see what the body material was on that V-caddis but it sure looked nice.

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#5 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:05 AM

use the report button and report it to the administrators and sit back relax while they hopefully work out the kinks. visit other places on the forum until its fixed

nobody on the forum can fix the problem

The Rod Building forum is in the same boat, so I went to Rod Builder Org. yesterday instead.  Looks pretty active over there. Just sayin. Give me a "so what" and I'll say so what ! LOL

#6 flytire

flytire

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 11,068 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:29 AM

hahahaha

like mike said in the other post this forum is pleading for an update that it will never get

this is a recurring problem that is mostly the servers fault and not the forum software

signature-bar.jpg

Think BEFORE you assume!

#7 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,876 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 09:56 AM

hahahaha

like mike said in the other post this forum is pleading for an update that it will never get

this is a recurring problem that is mostly the servers fault and not the forum software

Oh I know. I was irritated I couldn't get to that V-caddis recipe though. I did a Yahoo search for it separate from the site but didn't come up with it. It looked really good, good enough to catch this fisherman anyway. Been waiting for the fly database to get working again, it must be listed there I bet.

#8 mikechell

mikechell

I'm Mr Freezemieser I'm Mr Snow!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,245 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 10:58 AM

I did do a couple of screen captures and sent them to SteelDrifter.  So, hopefully, someone will be clearing up the issue soon.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#9 Meeshka

Meeshka

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 21 January 2016 - 01:09 PM

I see it wasn't just me.  The GCO website was and still is also down on my unit anyway

Reply to this topic