Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Hatchet Jack

Cleated bootfoot wader suggestions?

I'm done fixing leaks in my old neoprene waders, am wondering

what you folks have had good luck with for chest waders.

No neoprene this time & no felt, just good old-fashioned lug soles

and sturdy fabric.

Looking to spend up to $200 so that excludes Simms

and most likely, breathables.

TIA smile.png

Bass Pro sells Pro Line breathable, boot footed - lug sole waders for $199. These are a decent wader for the price. They also have a few options (boot foot and stocking foot) for less than $100. Keep your eyes open for sales - markdowns are pretty good when they run sales!

stocking foot

cabelas has breathables in your price range

orvis has breathables in you price range

patagonia has breathables @ $250

breathable bootfoot waders

https://www.google.com/search?q=breathable+bootfoot+waders&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiD55XhyYjUAhUC0iYKHSavA3AQ_AUIBygC&biw=1455&bih=700

Just to be clear, I am not looking for breathables, nor stockfoot waders, just

good bootfoot waders made of sturdy fabric. At $200 or less,

I'm thinking a breathable wader won't be that great w.r.t. durability.

Searching Google is fine, but I'm looking for people's suggestions from here

that have had good luck with their waders & that are similar to what I'm looking for.

(thanks for your above suggestions though)

When I bought waders, I looked at boot foot to save some $$. Redington had some with good reviews, the FroggTogs looked good and I liked the Red Head waders...all were under the $100 mark. I would have purchased the Red Head But I decided that I wanted a better fitting boot...all the bootfoot waders seemed a little loose, My hunting bootfoot waders have a loose fitting boot too. In Colorado the rivers are known for lots of rocks so a boot that fits snug was a must for me...so I bought Cabela's Guid Wear waders on sale and a set of wading boots...cost more but it was what I needed.

I've got a truly nice chest wader, but Wife bought it. When I get home, I'll find out what kind they are and post it here.

Not sure if boot foot is just for price or other reasons but sierra trading post has a bunch of stocking foot waders at prices that will get you under 200$ easy even after buying boots. I have the bass pro brand breathable waders got them on sale for 120 always kept me dry and got Patagonia boots for 65 bucks off sierra trading post I've been very happy with those as well.

LL Beans will give you %15 off on your first purchase using their Visa card.Plus they're giving 20 % off for their Memorial day sale. I just got over 100.00 off on my new chest waders ! I used them for the first time today,and my feet were thanking me all day. I just switched over to stocking foot waders,and I don't think I'll ever buy boot foot waders again.

They're a little extra work to put on and take off,but well worth it for the extra comfort.