Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
eandlfishing

Nebraska Fly Tyers

I grew up 20 miles south of Omaha. I do miss catching all those cool river fish, but Montana is home now!!!! Although I would love to fish the Snake below Merrit Res. Anyone know how to get on it???? I'll swap some MT float trips of your choice!

Last I heard if it is the same part of the Snake you are talking about, a bunch of rich bankers from either Lincoln or Omaha bought it. All private land now and you would have to get in contact with them now.I also know that there is a very big and expensive golf course that goes along a part the Snake River.

Kinda of a next door neighbor here in N.W. Iowa. Haven't fished in Nebraska though.

MIke

Last I heard if it is the same part of the Snake you are talking about, a bunch of rich bankers from either Lincoln or Omaha bought it. All private land now and you would have to get in contact with them now.I also know that there is a very big and expensive golf course that goes along a part the Snake River.

Maybe if you asked nice they'd let you on !?! The State was going to buy some of that land but the deal fell through. I was excited about the prospects. About the only trout fishing I've done in NE is on Verdigre creek and another one (Long Pine?) next door to it. In fact I caught my first stream trout on a 'crawler on verdigre about 25 years ago. It ate well.

Prosopium-I fish the Long Pine Creek every summer.Caught a big 23 3/4 inch and just short of 4lb brown out of it last year.I was such a pretty fish and it is going to be my first mount.

Dreamcaster-Where do you do most of your fishing and where do you buy you materials(locally?)

Prosopium-I fish the Long Pine Creek every summer.Caught a big 23 3/4 inch and just short of 4lb brown out of it last year.I was such a pretty fish and it is going to be my first mount.

Wow, helluva fish! I got nothing like that out of either creek. Although I've become a bit of a streamer junkie in the years since I last fished those streams.....I might have to make a side trip the next time I go to visit the parents!

I fish all over Nebraska mostly I-80 state parks. Also fish out west cambridge, mccook, palisade. Where r u located? I buy most everything online Cabelas if I can't wait and they have anything.

<blockquote

I live in Randolph.It isa the Northeast part of the state.</p></blockquote>

That's only about a 4 1/2 hr drive maybe get together this year and do some fishing

I live in Sidney NE in the panhandle and fish pretty much everything in a 100mile radius, sometimes I'll go further, just depends on what I want to catch. I frequently fly fish Lake Ogalalla and the North Platte river below keystone dam for the monster trout. I also go towards Scottsbluff to fly fish small creeks for wild trout. Get ahold of me if any of you ever get out west!

-Chase