Fly Tying
Sam4msu

Rod building forum

Any idea why the rod building forum site won't let me register for an account?

No except user names from here won't work there, or mine didn't anyway. I had to alter mine slightly to join over there. But it may have been someone else had my name too.

A while ago we had a HUGE problem with spammers joining and posting all sorts of spam. I was having to ban/delete at least 40 accounts each and every day so we decided to shut off the registration for awhile till the spammers gave up. Not sure if Will has turned it back on yet or not. Shoot a message to Will (Smalliehunter) and he can tell you for sure if that may be the case.

I tried to send a message to SmallieHunter to join the rod building forum, but when I clicked send an error appeared that stated he was not accepting any messages.

Look forward to seeing you on the RBF. Just remember, rodbuilding can be addictive for which there is no cure. Don't be afraid to ask questions- that is how we learn.

I just tried to register twice and got a message both times saying there was a problem connecting with the database.

I created a new username, assuming it wouldn't let me use the same one I use here, but I also had to create a new Gmail account to even attempt to register--it said my current email address was already in use--I assume it was referring to the fact that I'm registered to FTF with that email address.

I tried to register 3 times, and got the following error message: "There appears to be an error with the database."

Hitting the link to refresh the page doesn't work.

On a whim I tried to register on the rodbuilding forum. The site let me register without throwing errors. Thanks to the mod(s) for fixing the problem. I tried registering on the forum every couple of days to no avail. It finally worked for me.

Adam, it correctly termed as an addiction..........for which there is no cure.

I think i'll join oneday soon, making a rod is starting to seem like the next step for my hobbie/illness!

Adam, there is a guy at youtube who put up a multi part video on building a fly rod. Before you dive into your first build something like that might worth a look see.

I think this will get you there: https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=series+on+fly+rod+building+video&qpvt=series+on+flyrod+building+video&FORM=VDRE