Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

steelhead trip??

• Please log in to reply
60 replies to this topic

#16 flyfishenvy

flyfishenvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 21 February 2005 - 06:43 PM

sorry guys, i have been so busy with work and wrestling practice i havent had a whole lot of time to do stuff. i dont know what else to do also. maybe if nothing else we can make it a one day trip, though i would rather see a weekend thing.

#17 Alex C.

Alex C.

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 04:15 AM

I would for sure like to get out and do some fishing with y'all, so just let me know when and I'm in

#18 Shoe

Shoe

Bellied up to a Sand Bar

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 3,181 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 09:24 AM

I'm gonna have to opt out on this one.

After spending the weekend working on my boat and looking at rigging the rest of it, time and money restraints are gonna get the best of me. bs.gif crying.gif

If any of you want to get something together for trout in the beginning/mid-May, let me know. I'm thinking Muskegon. With any luck we can strip some streamers for drop-backs.
I know where they live, I know what they eat. Now it's time to fool them with thread, feathers and roadkill.

#19 stel

stel

Salmon bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 22 February 2005 - 03:38 PM

I'm game...haven't fished with many of you since the last outing.

#20 Fishigan

Fishigan

Is that a chick?...Yesss..NOOO!!....Yesss!!!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 08:36 AM

I'm ready to go. Mid March on the PM?

#21 Alex C.

Alex C.

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 10:04 AM

The only weekends in march I wouldn't be able to do this are the 5th/6th and 10th/11th. Any other weekend in march or april I am good to go. Heres a chart for the PM

user posted image

#22 Fishigan

Fishigan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 23 February 2005 - 04:12 PM

end of march early april? I'll go anytime.

#23 Alex C.

Alex C.

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 11:20 AM

Ok so is this right?

Fishigan
Stel
Skunked

Are in for sure, and

Steeldrifter
Foersterhunter
Dripster

Are maybes?

And flyfishenvy and shoe are out? Come on you 2 we're talkin steelhead, how could you say no to those poor fish. I am sure their feelings will be deeply hurt if you don't come. And it would be a shame if the rest of us have a great time without ya.

#24 flyfishenvy

flyfishenvy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 02:39 PM

I'm not out. just depends on when it is and what my doc says about surgery when i see him next week.

my schedule is kinda hectic right now with wrestling and what not, but i should be able to make it at the end of march beg. of april. but more than likely for a weekend only this time. not enough vacation time saved up with being off for 2 months.

#25 Alex C.

Alex C.

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 03:36 PM

a weekend is good with me

#26 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

When I grow up, I'm moving to Florida !!!

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,768 posts

Posted 24 February 2005 - 04:09 PM

I'm still up in the air about it, money is tight so i'll have to see.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

#27 Fishigan

Fishigan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 898 posts

Posted 04 March 2005 - 10:59 AM

I'll be up there during the first week of April. Mid week, like a Wed. and Thurs.

#28 trout traveler

trout traveler

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,511 posts

Posted 05 March 2005 - 01:37 AM

I would still be up for something as long as it is not the second weekend of April.Will be in Pennslyvania the weekend of the 16 fo opening trout season there.Never have missed it in what 6-7 years now.Any other weekend would be open.

tt
[/QUOTE]
Deep in the heart of every man is a longing to live as God designed.
Nowere is the freedom to do that more possible than in the wilderness and beauty of God'screations.
Fly rod in hand fish on.
URL: http://www.childrenwithdiabetes.com/

#29 stel

stel

Salmon bum

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 06:34 AM

I am not in for sure but would like to show up if I have nothing going on. I might just come down for the festivities because I have a place to stay on the little river and we have been fishin the big river lately.

#30 Alex C.

Alex C.

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 06 March 2005 - 09:24 PM

I'm in whenever, just name the place and time and I'll be there biggrin.gif