Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

She cleans up well

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,000 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 09:15 AM

iNaWuB.jpg
 Puz8qS.jpg
 d78cjw.jpg
 ZhPchd.jpg

Hard to believe the ol' girl is almost 30 years old but believe it or not my Dad bought it brand new in 1990 and when he passed in 96 it became mine and I've tried to keep it in good running order. Spent all day yesterday cleaning it up and getting it ready for 16 full days of fly caught smallmouth & pike on the Au Sable. Annual trip is right around the corner.

Bryon- I think you go to that part of the state fishing a bit, are you gonna be in the area at all this month? If so we should try to hook up for a day on the water.

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#2 Poopdeck

Poopdeck

You damn kids, get off my lawn!

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,250 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:04 AM

nice boat! A little care is all it needed over the years. That's a gem.

#3 Piker20

Piker20

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 7,060 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 10:17 AM

Looks Like  a great little craft. Look forward to more fish pics

Matthew 25: 35-36 "Out of every 100 men, 10 shouldnt even be there, 80 are just targets, nine are the real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, for they make the battle. Ah, but the one, one is a warrior and he will bring the others back. "No man ever steps in the same river twice"   Heraclitus, 5 B.C

Based Scottish Highlands. UK

MUSTAD The wise anglers choice.

#4 mikechell

mikechell

Cold weather afficando- Give me Snow or give me death!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 12,637 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 06:11 PM

Nice boat.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#5 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:21 PM

My boat is a similar design (2007  Lowe FS165 ) and 11 years old in great shape. But I hope it looks as nice as yours when it hits 30 and my son owns it ! Good job ! And you dog, nothing but smallies and pike for two weeks ?

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#6 steeldrifter

steeldrifter

100% Pure Au Sable River Rat

• Admin
  • PipPipPip
  • 16,000 posts

Posted 08 July 2018 - 07:36 PM

Probably have a day or two of trout mixed in as long as the temps drop enough so that the water temps upstream in the trout waters is fishable, but yep mostly smallies & pike for two weeks :)

mcfr.jpg
Owner- Steve Clark
Midwestcustomflyrods.com

Better to have a short life that is full of what you like doin, than a long life spent in a miserable way- Alan Watts

https://www.youtube....h?v=je3rQevW-cw

#7 Dave G.

Dave G.

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,711 posts

Posted 09 July 2018 - 04:37 AM

Probably have a day or two of trout mixed in as long as the temps drop enough so that the water temps upstream in the trout waters is fishable, but yep mostly smallies & pike for two weeks smile.png

Enjoy your trip Steve !

John 7:38 ESV  is about "Rivers of Living Water"

#8 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 09:42 AM

Sorry I missed that shout out! I would love to hook up with you for some fishing -- PM sent. :)

Nice boat btw!

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

#9 vicente

vicente

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,658 posts

Posted 10 July 2018 - 08:26 PM

nice looking boat Steve.

#10 troutguy

troutguy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,003 posts

Posted 11 July 2018 - 07:43 AM

Ahhhhhh. The two happiest days. the day you buy a boat and the day you sell the boat. Just sold my Sea Ray Weekender yesterday. Hope your fishing is good.

Give a man a fish and you'll feed him for the day; Teach a man to tie flies and he'll pick up all the roadkill.

#11 Dave

Dave

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 671 posts

Posted 02 August 2018 - 11:09 AM

Yep, if you take care of them they will last a long time.  Here is my 1983 Charger bass boat that I bought used in 1986 and have used every year since.  In fact I had it out on the lake yesterday.  This photo was taken last fall just after my annual cleaning

Attached Files