Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Ginormus1

Fly Tying Events?

Hi guys! I live in the Denver area and I was wondering if anyone knew of any fly tying events/conventions here in Colorado. I have heard that you can find some great deals on hackle and other more expensive materials at some of the fly tying conventions Which would be very helpful for my tight budget. Your help is much appreciated!

Not much in the way of materials at the ISE show.I tied there fri.Only a few shops mostly had bargains on equitment.One furrier has some beautiful fox,coon & coyote tails at reasonable prices.Try Discount tackle on Sante Fe.There will be a small show with bargains later this winter comprised of local companies with better prices.Watch the internet & papers for time & place.

Yeah, the Fly Fishing Show in Denver was great. A few more vendors than the past and huge selection of items, both materials, gear, and miscellaneous to choose from. Good prices on most everything too.

I did sadly miss the Fly fishing show in Denver. However I did get to go to the Sportsman's expo on Friday. They had some incredible deals on fly rods and reels at the kirks and I ended up getting a Helios 2 rod from Orvis as well as a Lamson reel! Nothing in the way of tying materials per say but non the less they had some great deals on gear!