Fly Tying
FlatsRoamer

Need a material suggestion... help wanted!

Hey guys, i have a deadly little fly in mind...

This material will be used as the tail. I have already eliminated

Arctic fox

Zonker

Bucktail

And EP like fiber

Craft fur

Hackle

I know it's a lot, but you guys are the experts. Also, I would use white pseudo hair, but I can't find it anywhere... anyone know of a place I can get some of that?

I thought pseudo hair was much the same as craft fut, but it is on the list...

Without knowing what you are trying to achieve, it is difficult to give advice. My choice at this time is pheasant tail fibers... :)

Yes I know craft fur is similar, but I didn't really like how it moved with the rest of the fly when I tried it, that's why it's on the list

Again, does anyone know where I can get white pseudo hair?

Again, does anyone know where I can get white pseudo hair?

yes, but you can google for it just as well as anybody else can

I don't know about white pseudo hair ... but if you're looking for super soft, supple fiber ... try a piece of satin from the hobby shop. Since Richmc showed it first ... strip the fibers out of a small piece. VERY fine, TONS of movement in the water.

Why not marabou? Lots of movement. Why not throw up one of your versions of the fly you aren't happy with so we at least have an idea of what the fly is.

Yeah I gave marabou a good thought, but then again it isn't the most of durable of materials. Remember most of the fish here have very abrasive mouths and teeth, but yeah marabou was an option was durability was a concern. Honestly, I think white pseudo hair is the best option. Just need to find it, been a couple hours that I've been at it lol

Flatsroamer am I missing something ? I goggled white pseudo hair and came up with a seller right away.

Since you're seemingly incapable of operating the google search engine..

http://www.troutlore.com.au/product/barred-pseudo-hair-white/

Why ask for suggestions just to say you're going to use this one thing you said from the start when things are suggested? :)

Looks like craft fur to me, just curious why you don't like the arctic fox cost aside it's a great material, I just use craft fur because it's cheaper the fox will have more movement.