Fly Tying
Mainard

Purchasing tungston beads

I am looking into buying some tungsten beads in several sizes and colors and was wondering where any of you purchase yours. Of course looking for best price . Thanks

Has anyone tried the hooks form wholesaleflycompany,how would you rete them? Great price on hooks think or trying them out

Kind of what I was looking at as well, the website seems okay , but I have no idea where this company is located , and the Hooks aren't listed as any brand ,only size ,/ type ? Kind of scratching my head on this ?

Islander says "I like these guys".

I'll say, "If he likes them, they're good to go!"

I have had good luck with riplips. Advertises on ebay and has a web site as well. Have to buy lots of 100. Flyshack has decent beads at reasonable prices if you want lots of 25. Also, wide variety of colors. Slotted beads in the regular and odd colors at tactical fly fisher (50/pk) and competitive angler (25/pk). Al;so check out theflyfishingstore. . After my first order, they sent me a code for 10% off of the next two orders. I think the best quality for the price was tactical fly fisher, competitive angler and theflyfishingstore. All the usual places (stockard etc.) sell 25/pk.

Wholesell fly company looks to good to be true. Has anyone done business with them?

Yes! Great experience with them. Good products.

I have always bought my beads at The Fly Fishing Store. I haven't price shopped him in a long time but his prices always seemed fair and never had an issue to go anywhere else. I won't buy anywhere else unless I have a pretty good reason.

I've also had good experience with the Fly Fishing Store. On one of my orders they made a mistake. Not only did they correct the mistake, the sent me a pair of scissors as part of their apology. It's been many years since I've had a company go that far out of the way to make a customer happy.

just as a follow-up to my earlier post, I received my dumbbell eyes and cone heads from wholesaleflycompany.com just a few days after placing my order. They look to be of very good quality. Not only that, but they sent me a "sampler pack" of all 16 of their different hook models, one of each, and they look good enough that I think I'll be ordering hooks from them the next time I need some. Perhaps my favorite thing about them is that they don't charge a flat shipping fee so that you end up paying more for shipping than you do for the stuff you order. The beads and coneheads, for example, shipped to me in Holland, MI for about $3. I just placed another order last night for some black mono eyes, a $3 item, and shipping on that was $2, I think. They seem to be a very customer-oriented company and I will be doing more business with them in the future.