Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Make your own dubbing...

First off I want to say that this was not my idea, but I got it from another youtuber called Piscator Flies. He had a video called "DIY Laser Dubbing" and I had to share the technique with you guys. Check out that video here... https://youtu.be/paQSyTxRyTI

This stuff really is awesome dubbing. I tried it with a few brands of yarn, and I found that "lion brand - landscapes" yarn seemed to be the best. You can get it at walmart (at least my local one) If you cannot find it there, or want to order online, Amazon sells it for pretty cheep. Actually its better price than at the lion brand website. Here is the link. http://amzn.to/2qDcKyQ
So basically you just cut the yarn to your preferred fiber length, then brush it out till it turns to dubbing. Add some flash if you want with ice dub, or starburst dubbing, or even Angelina fiber.

It's not a bad video, not as bad as others online. It would've been more helpful if it had been closer, showing what you're doing in a little more detail.

I sent you a PM with another issue I had.

In the first three minutes, I got the impression you did not know what you wanted to say. Try using a script or at least a discussion outline and cut down on the sentence filler "ah." Last few minutes were also kind of slow. The video would be more interesting if it was cut from 7:45 min to 4 or 5 minutes.

It's not a bad video, not as bad as others online. It would've been more helpful if it had been closer, showing what you're doing in a little more detail.

I sent you a PM with another issue I had.

Yeah, I know, I should have been closer. I need to work on getting a 2nd camera so I can talk at the camera, and do close up shots as well.

In the first three minutes, I got the impression you did not know what you wanted to say. Try using a script or at least a discussion outline and cut down on the sentence filler "ah." Last few minutes were also kind of slow. The video would be more interesting if it was cut from 7:45 min to 4 or 5 minutes.

Cool, well last time I used a script, people came down on me for a script and sounding too "professional". You can't please everyone! HAHAHHA

Yo, McFlyman. Piscator is derived from the latin meaning fisherman.

Cool, yeah he has a good channel. I am not good at pronunciation, HAHA.

Love the look of that dubbing what I could see of it. Might not have thought of that technique. Wonder how Congo Hair might mix in with the acrylic yarn, hmmm.

yeah that could be cool Dave! Yeah sorry it wasnt close enough. I am making a fly with the dubbing that the video will come out this friday. I show laser dub and this homemade dubbing side to side, in a close up so you can see the difference. Check that out this Friday at 10:00. I really should have showed it closer, I know. Didnt think about that when I made the video.