Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Pleasantvalley

First timer

Hey all,

I just joined, after having been given a fly tying kit for Christmas. After a few San Juan works and a wooly bugger, I decided to try something a bit more complex. This is based on the lunch money pattern, tweaked a bit based on the materials I have, and the colors that have had luck for me in the past. This fly tying thing is pretty fun, and I plan on expanding my fly arsenal greatly in the coming months! Critiques welcome, thanks for having me!

post-64010-0-09057600-1546042194_thumb.jpeg

Pleasantvalley that fly looks fine, and has a little bit of everything in it. I'll bet it will catch fish. Glad to have you in the forum. Look forward to more of your work.

Welcome to the site. And welcome to the art/practice of fly tying.

I can't comment on the fly pictured, because I am not sure what I am looking at ... which way it's supposed to ride in the water.

For whatever reason it got uploaded sideways.

Rides hook up, made from what few materials I have. Took it over to the local pond to see if it swims well, and I like the action. Gets a nice side to side motion, and rides a couple inches off the bottom. I think if I really tweak the colors it could make a good bluegill fry imitation.