Fly Tying

Any gardeners?

4 rows corn,row of peppers/maters/onions,row string beans,2rows peas, row red taters, row white taters, row butter beans, row sqush, row pickles, row eng peas/peas....PatentPending on barricade tape deer proofing. The cotton tails however just bump their ears going under it. Worked on deer in the past.

Covered pile of chicken house litter for the kick!

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

Not only aren't Wife and I good gardeners ... we have a pet name for our yard. We buy flowers and stuff for the yard. Based on the average longevity of said purchased plants ... our yards is officially known as:

"Chell's Plant Hospice! We keep them comfortable until they die."

Yes. Lettuce spinach, radishes, garlic, cabbage, broccoli, leeks, beets. yellow crookne4ck squash, zucchini, pole beans cucumber and (purple) green beans are in the ground.

I urinate around the garden to keeps rabbits out. Advantage of being out of town.

Also dill is coming up which helps keep the deer away. I think dill smell is so strong they don't know the other things are around.

Rick

yup, just rototilled this past weekend. Still too cold at night to get anything tender in. Hopefully May20

Nothing too crazy here.Growing a nice lawn of Bermuda blue grass.Also have a small herb garden around back with sweet basil,rosemary,German tyhme,cilantro and spearmint. Also got a bunch of little plants like succulents, aloe and money plant.Got a couple naval orange trees and lemon trees.Working on growing some flowering dogwood trees from cuttings.

I did have a garden, until last night when the deer ate evething except a couple of cabbages and two cucumbers.

Well your Honor, I figured that the buck had invited himself to diner and if I supplied all of the veggies I felt the least he could do was supply the meat...

I did have a garden, until last night when the deer ate evething except a couple of cabbages and two cucumbers.

Well your Honor, I figured that the buck had invited himself to diner and if I supplied all of the veggies I felt the least he could do was supply the meat...

LOL ... Yeah!

On 5/9/2018 at 10:43 PM, Swamp Fly said:

On 5/9/2018 at 9:28 PM, Henry Denson said:

In that case:

"Your Honor. I watch the whole thing. That poor deer tripped and fell into the butcher shop! They were cutting up beef and he just slipped right through."

"What was I supposed to do after the meat was processed and packaged? Try to put him back together?"

Need to get working on our garden, just tilled, planning tomatoes, corn, okra, string beans, squash both winter and summer, musk melon, and a few peppers.

That size patch makes you a crofter over here. We're trying to prepare our garden for next year veg. Started some fruit bushes this spring.