Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
joejonsme

Fly Fishing- Permits, Licenses and gear

Hello,

Some years since I've been fishing, and before the days of regulations etc, so a little out of touch.I'm interested in the odd bit of fly fishing most likely when I'm out and about in the hills. Always fancied coming back from a walk with my tea in the rucksack !Can anyone advise on what licences, permits are needed, to have a 'dip' in some remote lochan ? Appreciate that any of the big rivers etc. wil come with the need for permsisions, permits etc. most of which are well publicised. But what do I need as a minimum ? Also any advice on Fly gear that can fit in the rucksack, I have seen telescopic rods for this purpose.
Please help
I didn't find the right solution from the internet.
References:
Thank you

takemefishing.org ... look at the State data for whatever State you're in or are going to fish in.

Okay ... I am not sure what's going on here.

joejonsme is reposting threads from other sites ... from years ago.

I followed some of the links at the bottom of each of the threads ... and they link to those other sites and forums.

The link for videos is a web design/video production site.

This might be a spammer, using "pre-written" posts to gain access to ... something.

I'm contacting Steve about this ... stand by.

Fyi, it is never a good idea to click on links which go to places you are unsure of. That's how your computer secretly picks up unwanted applications. Trust me on this one. I cannot confirm that site is malicious, but why else would they be spamming it?

Furthermore, just because your anti-virus, anti-spam, etc. software did not alert you, it could still be a dangerous site. They only alert on what they know about ;)

End PSA :)

Fyi, it is never a good idea to click on links which go to places you are unsure of.

Copy and paste the link into a search engine. It's safer.