Fly Tying

Brookies brookies every where! Man, that 2nd creek I hit up was amazing wasnt it? If I went there first, I have a feeling I could have gone further, and gotten some more fish. I hear there are some larger brown trout up further in that creek, and the brooks seemed to get larger the further up I went also. These were beautiful little fish, and ones that pulled quite well on that small 2wt rod.

Nice video. I love seeing (and fishing) tiny creeks like that. Most people don't think water that skinny even holds fish, let alone ones that can put a bend in a rod. It's about as "untouched" as can be expected.

Very entertaining video.

I was surprised to see fish that big for a stream that size.

Thanks guys, Im glad you liked the video. And yeah, that creek was about to dry up, usually its not as skinny. Its actually already dried, no more flow. There are big pools though down stream a bit that hold the fish for next year. But it dries out every year usually a bit later in the season, but we had a dry winter here. I filmed this 2 weeks ago, just before it dried up.

Its actually already dried, no more flow.

Do you ever get there after the flow stops, to see if there are fish trapped in shallow pools? I wonder how many fish die during the dry up period.

You did remarkably well for the water being that low, I might not have even tried it.

That's one of the reason such places are great fishing experiences. I have been asked, more times than I can remember, "Are there fish in there? What do you catch?"

If I'm lucky, I hook a nice size fish while those questioners are standing there!

You did remarkably well for the water being that low, I might not have even tried it.

But right before the dry up is when its the best! :)