Fly Tying

So while I cannot name the creek, I will say that this is my new favorite place! However its a little more crowded than the other small creeks i've been to, It had bigger fish, amazing scenery, and fish very willing to eat my dry flies. Just absolutely amazing fishing!

I went the day before they closed down the San Juan National Forest. Because of such a dry season, and little moisture, we have had some bad fires in and around Durango. They have been devastating. So the authorities closed down the national forest, and I had to get out and hit some small creeks before I couldn't anymore. Luckily I had an amazing trip, and caught quite few fish! And I could not have asked for a more beautiful place to be!

Reminds me of some of the creeks in Maine and NH to some extent. You had a great day there, be looking forward to more footage when the park opens back up ! And I like how that 3 wt seems to cast too, I hope you get to enjoy more this year !

Great looking water!

Even better video. I love seeing the hook sets.

This is one of those places where the purveyors of "trout are smarter" and "Bluegill are easier to catch" lose their "mojo".

Put any kind of fish in a school, and they're easier to catch because they need to beat each other to the food.

Great looking water!

This is one of those places where the purveyors of "trout are smarter" and "Bluegill are easier to catch" lose their "mojo".

Put any kind of fish in a school, and they're easier to catch because they need to beat each other to the food

You must have missed the part where the fish wouldn't take the caddis and so Shawn switched back to the midge pattern and caught fish. In another run it was the other way around. He knew what to use is how I'm seeing it.

Yep ... I'm seeing it that way, too. Sometimes they'll take something, other times they'll take something else. Sometimes, they won't take anything you throw at them.

Just like all other fish.

Great looking water!

Put any kind of fish in a school, and they're easier to catch because they need to beat each other to the food.

True man, but even so, ive had some incredible action with some panfish! HAHA Like makes this seem slow.

Glad you liked it.

Great looking water!

Put any kind of fish in a school, and they're easier to catch because they need to beat each other to the food

You must have missed the part where the fish wouldn't take the caddis and so Shawn switched back to the midge pattern and caught fish. In another run it was the other way around. He knew what to use is how I'm seeing it.

or I didnt know what to use, and thats why I wasnt catching fish in the middle. HAHAHAHHAA I mean, it wasnt too difficult to figure it out. Small midges, and small baetis patterns. The one that was the killer fly for the day was this one... I plan on doing a tying video of it later this week. CDC-Midge-Emerger-Youtube.jpg

or I didnt know what to use, and thats why I wasnt catching fish in the middle. HAHAHAHHAA I mean, it wasnt too difficult to figure it out. Small midges, and small baetis patterns. The one that was the killer fly for the day was this one... I plan on doing a tying video of it later this week. CDC-Midge-Emerger-Youtube.jpg

Looking forward to that too.