Fly Tying

Where are you from?

Never been accused of being the brightest lite on the tree. Just bothers me to reply/post when I don't know where the users are from. Seems like that makes a definite bearing on things related to one's ideas and knowledge of certain things, especially regional stuff. Not tryin to make waves just curious. If this is available and I'm missin the boat fill me in and delete this post. Thanks. unsure.gif

Denduke, if you want to know where someone is from, click on their user name & you will be taken to that person's user profile. Look near the bottom of the left column & you will find "Location." Everyone may not have filled that out, but most (I think) did. For instance, yours tells me you are from Collins, MS. BTW, this is also where you go to send a Personal Message.

No problem denduke nothing wrong with asking where everyones from some members forget to fill out that section on their profiles.

SE Michigan for here!

SD

I'm from Michigan but landed in North Carolina about 3 years ago. It's all good.

I really miss the hatches up there though and the steelhead and salmon but I mostly miss my fishing buddies and relatives who think N.C. is about as far away as Mars!

Sorry 'bout dat. Clicked on profile and got only "communicate". Thanks. Ya'll got so much room for avatars, etc. would be nice to see it there. After awhile you would learn where ereybody's from anyway, oh well sorry.... rolleyes.gif

That's a request another member made a while back and it is on my list of things to do around here. It is a good idea.

Thanks!

Denduke. I'm from South Carolina. Lancaster County, Post Office is Kershaw, Community is Midway Crossroads. Also known as the Northern Midlands. Or sometimes the "Sandhills." Only warmwater fishing in this neck of the woods. You've got to be coming here to find it, or on your way to the beach and pass through here. laugh.gif

Putting the location near the Avatar is a good idea.

I'm from the western suburbs of Chicago. You can learn a lot about who is on the forum and where many are from by reading through the postings in the "Introduce Yourself" section. My own posting there was titled "Fishing in NorthEast Illinois", if I remember right.

So is MS the abreviation for Mississippi or Misouri? I have some family out west of St. Louis. I've yet to try the fishing down that way. It seems whenever we go down it is for a weekend visit and there is not much time for fishing. My Bro-in-law said he does not fish much down there since he grew up visiting Hayward every summer. Me and mine will be joining my sister and hers at her In-laws place up in Hayward WI in August. I know we will make time for fishing on that visit.

Come to think of it, my wife's half-brother lives down in Mississippi. I should try to get down and visit with him. I bet the fishing down there is great. Fish can't tell if there is a Yankee on the other end of the line, can they?

More later,

Ken S.

Hey Makes Your Car Go, yes they can! It'll not have the snuff/tobaco spit on it, He He. Yous guys....

MS is for sure M'sipi. wink.gif

"...the home of the bean and the cod...." - originally from the capital state of the Confederacy.