Fly Tying

Crayfish are a very important food source for many freshwater species. And this fly is made to imitate them. Bass and trout eat crayfish pretty regularly, and this fly has caught both on the end of my rod. The Crayfish Bunny Bugger is a relatively easy fly to tie, and works really well.

I have also caught a few saltwater species on this fly, as it can mimic a brown shrimp well also. Redfish and specs both love brown shrimp, and this fly can work well for them.

Hook: Daiichi 2220 Size 4
Thread: UTC Ultra Thread 140 Brown
Tail: Brown Blood Quill Marabou
Legs: Rubber Legs Barred - orange and red
Flash: Gold or Bronze Krystal Flash
Body Wrap: Yellow or Orange Chenille
Hackle: Brown Saddle Hackle
Weight: Lead Painted Dumbbell Eyes
Wing: Brown Rabbit Zonker Strip

Nice bugger! I'll have to tie a couple for my smallmouth trip next weekend. Thanks for posting it.

Good luck on your trip! Smallies are a blast!

Finally got around to tying some of these up. These are for the give aways at this months fly fishing club. I have tied me some like these but with rattlers in them. They work beautifully with the pulse discs and I have caught a lot of bass on them. Thanks for the video.

post-20375-0-53091500-1502509113_thumb.jpg

Finally got around to tying some of these up. These are for the give aways at this months fly fishing club. I have tied me some like these but with rattlers in them. They work beautifully with the pulse discs and I have caught a lot of bass on them. Thanks for the video.

They look great! Good job! Thanks for the compliment. :)

This fly looks great and I definitely need to tie some up. Do you have a problem with the zonker strip fouling on the hook point since it is not tied down at the rear of the fly?

No it doesn't foul, the tension of the hook through it keeps it good.

Glad you like it, tell me how they do for you.