Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Simple Little Beadhead Nymph

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 timeflies

timeflies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 09:47 PM

This is probably the easiest pattern I know but it is still also the best producing fly I have in my box for most conditions

"id rather be tried by twelve than carried by six"...unknown

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid"... John Wayne

"Those who beat their guns into plows will plow for those who don't"...Thomas Jefferson

#2 mikechell

mikechell

I LOVE SNOW ITS SO FLUFFY!!!!!!!

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPip
  • 14,741 posts

Posted 28 February 2019 - 11:02 PM

As you said, simple to tie.  Looks effective, although I do like the look of a rib material on such patterns.  Good video.

Thank you, for changing the position of your shirt at 2:10.  Before that, with dark materials on dark background, I couldn't see the details.  With the lighter shirt, it was a better presentation.

Barbed hooks rule!
My definition of work: Doing something in which effort exceeds gain.
Ex-Marine ... quondam fidelis

#3 timeflies

timeflies

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 03:34 PM

Thanks mike! Yeah i noticed the shirt and decided that had to go, i myself just prefer it plain because ive never noticed an increase in catch rate with a rib and its just extra time imo
"id rather be tried by twelve than carried by six"...unknown

"Life is hard; it's harder if you're stupid"... John Wayne

"Those who beat their guns into plows will plow for those who don't"...Thomas Jefferson

#4 agn54

agn54

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 01 March 2019 - 08:02 PM

Very nice video and good looking fly