Fly Tying
harleyhunter

Dandelion Emerger

Cool looking fly Sam! I have seen this before but have been hesitant to give i a shot myself as it looks like one that would foul up thew tippet a good bit. Have you had this in the water at all...?

To tell the truth RD1 I tied it just for the contest the same night I found the recipe online! I will be tying one or two for this season but never used it before due to this spring be my first year fly fishing. I'll let you know how it goes. Its a bit of a pain to tie and would be easier if you have two vises due to the dry fly part. Thanks for the compliments.

-Sam

I've always like that fly. You tied it very well. Excellent job. I want to hear if it does/doesn't fowl the tippet also. Maybe I'll just have to tie a few up and see myself :P

Duckydoty

Hey! I've used a similar method. it's just parasoling a hare's ear. I've never had any problem with it fouling. None at all. Tie'em up and let'em rip. They catch fish!

Should any tippet problems arise, could the parisol be tied on the opposite end? I've done up some parachutes on the 'wrong end', I'm sure your pattern would be just as succesful!

Thanks buddy!

I would like to know how it cast also just a pain in the A#% to tie. Maybe I'll give another a shot to wet it.

-Sam

I am really captivated by your dandelion style, you mentioned that we could contact you for the Web site, ie. More information. Feel free to contact me at [email protected]. thanks in advance for your response jim