Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
mikechell

2019 Hurricane season

It appears we'll be getting our first hurricane of the season. Hurricane Dorian is strengthening, and headed for the East Coast of Florida.

Utyer ... you might be right in the path. Hopefully, it'll just be a rain maker and not a destroyer like Hurricane Michael was.

I think Wife and I will be fine, since we are far enough inland for some buffering effects. And we sit just high enough that flood waters aren't a major concern.

I had all but one of my Laurel Oaks removed in June, and the one remaining Live Oak should be OK. I am 35 miles from the coast, but who knows. Only been two storms of any size over Orlando since I moved here, and neither one had "hurricane force" winds over Orlando. This one might.

You're IN Orlando? I thought you lived on the coast.

We should meet for lunch sometime ... see if we "click" well enough to go fishing together.

They keep upgrading this thing. It's going to be MORE than a bit windy, if it keeps going like they say. People are already freaking out and buying all the food and gas they can.

It’s crazy around here on the south west side of lake o already. No bottled water left within 30-40 plus miles.

We’ll be keeping a close eye on this one for sure. We’re signing on a new house tomorrow, I’m starting a new job title Tuesday, and possibly a major hurricane right in the middle of it all.

It started out, sort of, as a joke thread. When I began this thread, they were predicting Dorian would comb the East Coast of Florida as a Category 1 rain maker.

Now, it's looking more like the latest version of Godzilla. Given current tracks, you guys in the southern part of the State need to lock up and hunker down ... it's gonna be a bumpy ride!

I haven't decided if I'm going to board up the windows. At this time, given current predictions, by the time it reaches my area, it'll be a windy rain maker again.

Floridians ... watch yourselves. Be Safe! Don't forget your most precious assets ... your pets!

Yep, I'll stick with the cold winters here in Michigan lol. On a seriously note stay safe you guys in the path, and get out if you can just to be on the safe side.

Yep, I'll stick with the cold winters here in Michigan lol. On a seriously note stay safe you guys in the path, and get out if you can just to be on the safe side.

+ 1 on that !!!! Winter is pretty tame in comparison to a hurricane. Stay safe.

But ... a hurricane is over in a few days, might miss you completely and can be nothing more than a good source of fresh water.

During Winter ... It never seems to end, it CAN'T miss you and you can't get out of it AND all the fresh water is frozen.

I'll take my chances. And I am going fishing tomorrow ... before the winds start kicking up!

You gotta adapt Mike. We only have 6 months of ice fishing followed by 3-4 months of poor snowmobiling.

laugh.png I DID adapt !!! Moved South as soon as I was old enough.

I hope everyone living down here is able to laugh with me after Dorian blows through.