Fly Tying
Steeldrifter

Welcome your new mods

I would like you guys to welcome two new mods to the site. After 8 yrs of me dealing with all this stuff by myself ;) I finally need to grab a couple solid members to help this great site stay the way people like it, which is UN-confrontational and family friendly. So As of now Both MikeChell and Flat Rock Native are now both your new mods. Please welcome them both and respect their wishes when a thread goes bad. And to both you guys, Mike & Ken.....God help ya, its a thankless job and causes more headache then you ever wanted lol ;)

Seriously though thanks guys for helping us keep FTF the #1 fly fishing/tying site on the net 13 yrs running. I appreciate you help!

Steve

Glad you're getting some help Steve.

Of al the forums out there I tend to frequent this one more because it just seems friendlier among the members.

Hope it continues.

Glad you're getting some help Steve.

Of al the forums out there I tend to frequent this one more because it just seems friendlier among the members.

Hope it continues.

Thanks Slaty, that's my goal, Since day 1 we have always said we would keep this site like a bunch of guys on a log on the river talking. Been trying to keep it that way for 13 yrs now, this move is to help that happen. The day this site becomes different than our first conception for it is the day we turn it off. But I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Does mean Mike will have to change his "ignore" setting and read all posts? ;o)

LMAO...yes, yes it does in fact wink.png

Yeah ... yeah ... I already did that. I have pulled the "ignore" blanket off the very few it covered. Reading all posts again.

Now, on a more serious note. If anyone feels a thread is getting off course too far, please PM myself or Flat Rock native (FRn?). I am on here a lot. But I am sometimes the "bone in the soup" that everyone is chipping teeth on. If you think I am out of bounds, PM me.

I am not going to change my presence in the forums, so I might still get on someone's nerve here and there. Just let me know in PMs so I know we're not just "jousting" on a thread.

In a few years, if I am successful doing this ... I'll run for president and ... um, oops, never mind.

Good to see you guys as mods on here now! Good choice steve, Mike and FRn have a good presence on the forum and will be great at this. Also, thanks to you Steve for doing this all by yourself for all these years!

Chell, thinks FRn is short for Freaking Redneck nitwit.... I plead guilty to that charge. :)

If we keep this site about FUN, there will never be a problem with ME. We can argue, debate, and disagree about ideas, techniques, styles, and best ways to fish or tie flies. We ENCOURAGE it..

VENT, all you want, about Fishing and Tying themes... But, please do not attack another user*, Personally; that will not help anyone Catch fish or tie a better fly.

We have one of the BEST, sites on the internet for learning, and we can keep it going... Plus It is FREE... #best.deal.ever Respect for each other is the only price. Put a little FUN in, get a bunch of FUN in Exchange.

Hope to help if you need something.

PM anytime. Just be prepared for a story, (because I need to get a life...)

Best regards,

Ken Spurrier aka Flat Rock Native, aka Kenduardo

*ps---Feel free to attack Chell or me, especially Chell, ;) we live for that kinda stuff

"*ps---Feel free to attack Chell or me, especially Chell, ;) we live for that kinda stuff"

Don't listen to FRn (freakin' redneck nitwit ... I like that) ... I for one, do NOT live for stuff like that.

I might LIKE it ... but I don't LIVE for it.

Other than that, +1 on everything else he said.

He seems a little more level headed than me, so attack him MORE.

Just to be clear on what "Your new mods" means.

We have not been given "administrative access" or anything. We can't change anything on the site.

There's no way one moderator can read ALL the posts and keep up with EVERY conversation. FRn and I are simply monitors. Moderators, sent by the Vice-Grand Poobah to help keep the site friendly.