Fly Tying
caloosa bug

(No fly zone) Non fly caught fish pictures

I feel guilty about posting fish pics in the " fly fishing" section, fish pictures thread, that aren't caught on fly.

I figured this would be an appropriate place to share those photos.

Let's see them!

post-59266-0-51117800-1492722009_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-91814100-1492724835_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-11196500-1492724867_thumb.jpg

Thanks. Not sure on weight.. I rarely weight them. If I had to guess 7-8lbs and 3 1/2 - 4 1/2lbs.

Those were from Lake Placid, Fl.

Nice fish. I'm usually not much of a saltwater type guy (just love freshwater fish species) but that snook is cool. They are one species I have always liked the looks of :)

I rarely get over to the salt. Im 60+ miles in both directions from the Atlantic and gulf. That's what is cool about snook. I catch them close to home, solely in fresh water on bass tackle. Along with a few other salt species including jack crevalle and tarpon.

These are a couple of bass I caught on spin gear the last time out with my fishing buddy. After my wife met my fishing buddy she made me sell the boat and take up trout fishing.

samfish.jpg

It's no wonder your Wife got upset, Vic. You should've shown her standing with a fish or two, on the boat on the water.

Instead you showed that picture. How's your Wife supposed to know she even knows what a fish is ???

The final day of the short 8 week spring snook season ended with a bang last night. After having 2 fish throw my plug back at me, I finally was able to keep one hooked up to land.

It couldn't have been a better specimen. Super thick and just barely in the 28-33" slot. This was my 7th trip this season targeting them and I was able to bring 4 home. That's a pretty good keeper average.

They really liked the rainbow trout this year.

Until September, I bid you farewell Mr Snook.

post-59266-0-07020100-1493651947_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-43452100-1493651959_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-27853900-1493651976_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-17065300-1493651989_thumb.jpg

post-59266-0-94273000-1493652001_thumb.jpg

Beautiful snook! Where you fishing? Still got another month if you're willing to head east

At the spillway in glades county. Lake Okeechobee is actually open another month too. However, I'm fishing just on the other side of the dike at the beginning of the Caloosahatchee... which is under the gulf rules.

I used to fish the east coast quite a bit when I lived over there for a bit. Long before the wife and kids. Nowadays, not so much. It's much more manageable to go fish 10 minutes from the house.

I had a NICE one run into the mangroves yesterday. Ugh. I saw was it's head when I hooked it.

Nice fish, by the way!