Fly Tying
Flat Rock native

Inconoclastic Irreverence. Oh the Calumny! Purists Cover Your Eyes

Why Lures get first spot in my online "signature" possibly explained in attached photos.

Made these because "Cowbells" do not cast very well.....

and trolling flies is a long-standing, possibly infamous, technique used at Lake DeSmet, Wyoming; and

Wanted some less skilled family/friends to be able to successfully fish for local TigerMusky...

Building lures is quite fun, but more of an assembly line process, less artistic, unless hand or airbrush painting spoons

32AD0BFB-4C11-4AD1-80E0-157D657DBF5A.JPG

post-52874-0-75592500-1489351023_thumb.jpg

post-52874-0-53433500-1489350937_thumb.png

Edited by Flat Rock native

Thanks for the save, will continue to study this. Just successfully, from Windows 10, desktop, posted a photo shot with same camera and in same file folder. Successfully, uploaded into the Australian Swap on Casting for Recovery.

I am going to try to post into the Beginners' Forum and officially invite the Winged Wet experts to beat me up. What (facetious voice now) could go wrong there? smile.pngwink.png ))) ^))--

I will say it is interesting that the stated upload size limit is 2mb, but the first of your pics that I uploaded is over 3mb.

It was 8mb originally.

If you can use Xnview to resize, crop or set a different DPI, no picture is going to resist you... :)

Resizing photos using MSPaint (Came with your PC computer)

resizing 1.jpg

1) Right click on the picture you wish to resize.

2) On the drop down, click "Open with"...

3) Click Paint.

NOTE: If you need to use the "Choose Program" to find Paint, be sure the "always use this program" box is clear ... or every photo you click will open in Paint.

resizing 2.jpg

4) In Paint, click the "resize" button.

resizing 3.jpg

5) click the "Pixels" circle.

6) If you wish to make it easy, click "Maintain aspect ratio". That way, you only need to type in one dimension.

resizing 4.jpg

7) Type in 600 to 800. I never go larger than 800 for posting pictures. You can always reduce more. I start at 800 ... if it doesn't fit in the screen, I go smaller. If you go too small, back out and start over without saving. Going larger will lose clarity.

resizing 5.jpg

8) If you're okay with the name of your photo, just click the "save" icon. If you wish to retain the original picture, click "file" ...

resizing 6.jpg

... and "save as" ... and "J-PEG".

resizing 7.jpg

Name the photo and save it.

Now you can post your photos to any site.

Before resizing an image file in MSPaint it can sometimes be useful to clip out parts of the background in the sides which do not bear on what you are trying to show. This is possible on the right and bottom sides by finding the little White square in the middle of the right or bottom of the image, left mouse clicking it and dragging it. To to the left and top you have to flip the vertical or horizontal of the image using the Rotate Menu option.

Before resizing an image file in MSPaint it can sometimes be useful to clip out parts of the background in the sides which do not bear on what you are trying to show. This is possible on the right and bottom sides by finding the little White square in the middle of the right or bottom of the image, left mouse clicking it and dragging it. To to the left and top you have to flip the vertical or horizontal of the image using the Rotate Menu option.

Stippled, Cool, thanks for hints, and steering the thread away from spin-fishing, if that is a "third rail," on this forum... lots of new users around, some may be helped with commentary above.

I just wanted to put up the pics of lures I made, and say GOOD LUCK BUYIN... but learning is WAY better than being a smartazz, here in frozen Wyoming!

Along with Stippled's comment of cropping the right and bottom ... if you hit "select all", you can slide the whole picture up and left to crop those sides too.

post-747-0-91934800-1489462482_thumb.jpg

This is a picture that I made during the Skill Builder Series and it was no problem to add to the forum. It is labeled, before I post it as some numbers and then :CSC_0060.JPG. The new picture that I took today and added to the pictures section of the computer has almost the same format with some numbers and then DSC_0098. The 0060 and 0098 are just the numbers given to the pictures by either the camera or the computer in the downloading process. But I wonder what the CSC and DSC mean? Could that be the difference in how they are stored, making the old pictures go into a format that can be loaded and the new pictures going into a format that can NOT be loaded? Does anyone know what those letters mean and if that is what makes the difference, how can I make all my new pictures going forward say CSC?

All I could do was search online ... and it appears "DSC" means "Digital Still Camera", designating the file as a digital camera picture. "CSC" basically means the camera was used to edit the photo. Again, intentional or not, some setting on your camera may be automatically adjusting the photos. To edit photos in the camera, the programming needs to save the changes in it's own recognized format, which may change the way it's saved to the computer.

Again, you can open the photo in MSPaint, resize it, then click "Save as" under the "File" tab. Save it as a JPEG, and you should be good to go.

I understand that you don't consider yourself "computer savvy" ... but it just takes a little time to figure out.

Oh, and for those of you trying to resize with Paint, here's another helpful idea. We mentioned cropping your photo before resizing. Cropping a 4000 pixel picture is close to impossible, due to the extreme size of the photo.

Resize it to 1200 or 1000 ... then crop it, and resize it again if needed.

Why Lures get first spot in my online "signature" possibly explained in attached photos.

and trolling flies is a long-standing, possibly infamous, technique used at Lake DeSmet, Wyoming; and

Wanted some less skilled family/friends to be able to successfully fish for local TigerMusky...

{planned photos here, See Bimini's post below, I have been declared Incompetent} Maybe I can hire flytire as a consultant? He sure had this stuff mastered. Need timeout now for vise Therapy... Later

{planned photos here, See Bimini's post below, I have been declared Incompetent} Maybe I can hire flytire as a consultant? He sure had this stuff mastered. Need timeout now for vise Therapy... Later

attachicon.gif32AD0BFB-4C11-4AD1-80E0-157D657DBF5A.JPGattachicon.gif [url=http://www.flyt[/url]

68B2B0DD-92F3-4CB5-8764-6D6130B4AB97.JPG

Along with Stippled's comment of cropping the right and bottom ... if you hit "select all", you can slide the whole picture up and left to crop those sides too.

I didn't know that one. Thanks!