Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Saltydog

Crabs and Ice Water !

No ice water, just one of my REALISTIC CRABS. it weighted in the rear to land sitting in a attack position, at low tied they hide in and around the rock in the canal an the striped bass look for them there. GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN
post-282-0-38682300-1481713624_thumb.jpg

post-282-0-98058200-1481713633_thumb.jpg

Have you fished that crab, Salty? I like it, truly I do. I hope I am not offending if I make an observation/suggestion.

I was wondering about the "proof of life" movement, or lack there of. Everybody has differing views on just what fish see, but subtle movement it always a plus, in my opinion.

I've watched crabs in tanks, in tidal pools, etc. The mouth never stops moving ... even when threatened, the part of the crab is still searching for food. Attaching a few fibers, in the mouth area, that will continue to wave when the crab is sitting still might make a difference between a "look" and a "take."

I toss them in below the rocks and sand so they rest against the rocks an let sit an twitch every now an then to attract fish, some times they work an some times they don't, just another attempt to entice them to hit. only fish when the tied is at ebb GOOD LUCK GOOD TYIN