Fly Tying
breambuster

Classic Fly Swap With A Twist

Well, Guys, it's been a little while since I hosted a swap & it's time for me to get back to it. But, as usual, I've come up with a swap with a bit of a twist. Recently I received in the mail a bit of advertising with an offer that if you sign up, you would get a set of flies. As I looked at the flies, I realized that this is a set that every fly fisherman should have in his box. So, I had the idea of doing a swap were each swapper would end up with at least 1 of each of these classic flies. That's where the twist comes in. I'm going to list the patterns and each swapper can choose which one they want to tie. That means that the first ones to join can choose from all the flies and the last ones in have to pick what's left over. The advantage to signing up early is obvious. All the usual swap rules apply. Toe tags, SASE, Internationals welcome with postage reimbursed through PayPal. There are some pretty basic flies in the set & some that are more difficult to tie. So there is an opportunity for the really experienced tiers to show us what you can do and also an opportunity for the "Newbies" to get your feet wet. Anyone and everyone is welcome. If you've never been in a swap, here's your chance. If you're an elite tier, pick one of the tougher flies, although none of there are really hard to tie. I'm going to pick a pattern I've never tied, but if someone wants to trade patterns with me, let me know. I'm sure we can work something out. I want everyone to be able to pick a pattern that they would enjoy tying. When you sign in, tell me which pattern you have chosen to tie and I'll put your name beside that pattern. You're not officially in until you tell me which pattern you want. The due date will be Feb 25th. So, who wants which fly?

WE ARE NOW FULL! THE SWAP IS CLOSED!

1. *** Emergent Sparkle Pupa - Swapmeister

2. *** Pheasant Tail Nymph - Jburge

3. *** Elk Hair Caddis - Idaho RC - Received

4.*** Light Cahill Dry Fly - Rockworm - Received

5. *** Royal Wulff - Stilis - Received

6. *** Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear Nymph - djh262 - Receuved

7. *** Griffith's Gnat - Horseshoes - Received

8. *** Hare's Ear Soft Hackle - Fishingbobnelson - Received

9. *** Woolly Bugger - Col Mel - Received

10 *** Blue Winged Olive Dry Fly - Vicrider - Received

11 *** Prince Nymph - Decisions - Received

12 *** Adam's Dry Fly - Woodenlegs - Received

13 *** Partridge And Green - Flat Rock Native - Received

Well, Guys, it's been a little while since I hosted a swap & it's time for me to get back to it. But, as usual, I've come up with a swap with a bit of a twist. Recently I received in the mail a bit of advertising with an offer that if you sign up, you would get a set of flies. As I looked at the flies, I realized that this is a set that every fly fisherman should have in his box. So, I had the idea of doing a swap were each swapper would end up with at least 1 of each of these classic flies. That's where the twist comes in. I'm going to list the patterns and each swapper can choose which one they want to tie. That means that the first ones to join can choose from all the flies and the last ones in have to pick what's left over. The advantage to signing up early is obvious. All the usual swap rules apply. Toe tags, SASE, Internationals welcome with postage reimbursed through PayPal. There are some pretty basic flies in the set & some that are more difficult to tie. So there is an opportunity for the really experienced tiers to show us what you can do and also an opportunity for the "Newbies" to get your feet wet. Anyone and everyone is welcome. If you've never been in a swap, here's your chance. If you're an elite tier, pick one of the tougher flies, although none of there are really hard to tie. I'm going to pick a pattern I've never tied, but if someone wants to trade patterns with me, let me know. I'm sure we can work something out. I want everyone to be able to pick a pattern that they would enjoy tying. When you sign in, tell me which pattern you have chosen to tie and I'll put your name beside that pattern. You're not officially in until you tell me which pattern you want. The due date will be Feb 25th. So, who wants which fly?

1. Emergent Sparkle Pupa - Swapmeister

2. Pheasant Tail Nymph

3. Elk Hair Caddis

4. Light Cahill Dry Fly

5. Royal Wulff

6. Gold Ribbed Hare's Ear Nymph

7. Griffith's Gnat

8. Hare's Ear Soft Hackle

9. Woolly Bugger

10 Blue Winged Olive Dry Fly

11 Prince Nymph

12 Adam's Dry Fly

13 Partridge And Green

I am in with numero thirteeno, P artridge & Green

I am your man for Elk Hair Caddis. My favorite fly and favorite tie. I tie mine with more hair so they float better.

I used a beginner's fly tying book to learn to tie, and these where the flies I learned on. I'm in with the only one I've got the hooks and materials to tie; #9, the woolly bugger.

Fishingbobnelson, Josephcsylvia, Rockworm & Col Mel, you are all in, and thank you, so much, for joining. Glad to have all of you in on this one.

Wow, this is filling up fast, and there are only 4 patterns left. Not exactly the easiest 4 patterns, but there's still room for more tiers. If you're thinking about it, you'd better not think too long. This is going to be a great set of flies for anyone's box, and they're sure going in a HURRY!

BB