Fly Tying
Flat Rock native

BUTTE UGLY Flies That Catch Fish--Proposing a Swap, 2017 ed.

Thinking of A Deadline of April 15, 2017. That can be a Butte Ugly Day in U.S. of A. Butte, we can still have FUN.

By then all my 2016... Swaps and Donations are completed, and I will have learned enough (hopefully) to be a SwampMeister, but would gladly defer that title to another.

Limited to 1st Fifteen Entrants. Must tie 15 copies, plus 2 Wild Cards...

Submittals must be personally certified to have caught fish, or must be presented in a style, that has historically caught fish.

FReSh or Salt patterns ok

Other ideas for swap guidelines gladly, considered

Welcome more Ideas Updated Rulles 12-15-16

Having noted some squeals from Silver County, Montana about naming rights to this proposed swap, the eligible patterns may now include anything With Copper, or orange (close enough); anything snakey like baby Anacondas, or anything someone from Butte, MT said would catch fish... Ok, any fly with a story about catching something will likely work

And anything Pink; especially if the Nacho Macho guys just think it is too pretty, yes, it is Butte Ugly

Edited by Flat Rock native

Sounds interesting, but could you provide a little more info on the requirements? Just any ugly looking fly that works? And would cards being extras, yes?

Sounds interesting, but could you provide a little more info on the requirements? Just any ugly looking fly that works? And would cards being extras, yes?

I think it Must be Butte Ugly. Butte yep, you basically have it. SwampMeister deals Wild Cards. I didn't want to run a Sequel Junk Fly Too. Butte only because that needs to stand on its own, and also did not want to dishonor any of the Magnificient patterns in transit now.

I thought you needed to be in 3 swap to host one...

By the time we reach the starting date, hope that I have been in more than 3, but if you read the initial post, you will See that I am glad to yield the SM job to someone better at it, than me...

We want more SwampMeisters to Step Up... on any style of fly they wish to endorse.

LOL No, it doesn't, vincente.

We must set the example if we're to do the "Mod job" successfully. But FRn's explained himself adequately on the original post ... and again on post #6.

I got an idea. Let's all send in selfies of us at the vise tying and see who the most butt ugly tier is. Make it a contest and I'll run away with it.

By the way, I won't host but would get in one if someone picks it up or you get your requirements in.

I got an idea. Let's all send in selfies of us at the vise tying and see who the most butt ugly tier is. Make it a contest and I'll run away with it.

By the way, I won't host but would get in one if someone picks it up or you get your requirements in.

On selfie you go first... probably better on a new thread... and that's Butte Ugly, kind sir

Noted interest in the swap

Carry On

No perks with mod job; agree 100% with mikechell; SteveC Steel's marching orders were essentially:

"... Be Nice to people, And Make Me Look Good..."

In consideration, all I get is more ideas about ice fishing in a tall, scotch and soda.... membership has its' privileges. ;)

Thinking of A Deadline of April 15, 2017. That can be a Butte Ugly Day in U.S. of A. Butte, we can still have FUN.

By then all my 2016... Swaps and Donations are completed, and I will have learned enough (hopefully) to be a SwampMeister, but would gladly defer that title to another.

Limited to 1st Fifteen Entrants. Must tie 15 copies, plus 2 Wild Cards...

Submittals must be personally certified to have caught fish, or must be presented in a style, that has historically caught fish.

FReSh or Salt patterns ok

Other ideas for swap guidelines gladly, considered

vicrider, got me started on this after his Christmas Swap thread was hijacked, although quickly surrendered, after accurate, laughing, verbal salvos LANDED.

Welcome more Ideas Updated Rulles 12-15-16

Having noted some squeals from Silver County, Montana about naming rights to this proposed swap, the eligible patterns may now include anything With Copper, or orange (close enough); anything snakey like baby Anacondas, or anything someone from Butte, MT said would catch fish... Ok, any fly with a story about catching something will likely work

And anything Pink; especially if the Nacho Macho guys just think it is too pretty, yes, it is Butte Ugly

Update bump