Fly Tying
Mike West

Any interest in a warm water/top water swap..?

I was thinking 10-12 people and 20-24 flies each?

The restrictions would be...size 12-8 hooks only. Deer hair,foam,cork or balsawood bodies only...has to ride on top of the water or no deeper than 1" under the surface.

This is geared towards Bream,Crappie and small Bass.

I hate tying the same thing over and over so once again all 20-24 flies can be a different pattern and size. I'll just do the name in hat thing to divide them up.

Also I'll throw an extra 10-12 in the mix as a bonus as I have more

Poppers laying around than I can use in years

I would be game as long as the due date is a decent ways out. Probably do half deer hair ants in a 12 and half panther branch hoppers in a 10.

I would be all over this swap. Just joined the fourm this past week and have learned so much already.

Oh yes count me in ..... How many total ?

Oh yes count me in ..... How many total ?

This thread is just to checked out the interest in it....right now it's not going well.

You asked "How many total" well that's based on how many join in.

It's double the amount of participants. I'd like to see at least 10

preferably 12...if I can't get at least 8 I won't host it.

So 12 members U tie 24...10 members U tie 20...8 members U tie 16.

I'm going to tie of course so you don't get your own fly back plus at least 1 extra on top of it...maybe more.

I'll let this ride til this Saturday morning to see how many we have.

If we have 8 by Sat. I'll post an official fly swap thread.

IF this swap does get started sign me up. I will be out of town this weekend so I might not be able to check on here and I'd hate to miss it.

Thanks

I would be interested. Tie some foam spiders. Would we need to tie 20-24 different flies or so many of a few fly patterns?

I would jump in with a foam hopper. Hope we get enough interest

no.

12 flies is my max

Oh com'on my man you crank out dozens every day from your posts.

This is a walk in the park for you.

I'd love to have some examples from you.

I would be interested. Tie some foam spiders. Would we need to tie 20-24 different flies or so many of a few fly patterns?

Please go read what I've written already about this....if it doesn't make sense PM me and I'll send you a phone # and I'll explain.

In a nutshell, no not looking for 24 foam spiders...anyone can do that in 30 mins. Not fair to the other tiers that actually put an effort in it...know what I mean?

I didnt write the post but isnt a foam spider made with a foam body? And isn't foam 1 of the body types in your restrictions from your 1st post? I was thinking about maybe tying up some foam poppers but 24 Deer Hair or Balsa Wood Bodies would take quite a while, what are you looking at as far as the due date?

I'm in if there is room. Ill tie a foam hopper in a couple different styles, or maybe a dragonfly. Let me know when its final and what the exact rules are. thanks

If I may make a suggestion:

Instead of one swap with "all 20-24 flies can be a different pattern and size", run a series of swaps.

Example:

1) Set the due dates for a short turn-over ... say one month each ... and do ONE pattern for each swap. (one of the reasons I quit doing swaps was the long time frames and people STILL not making deadlines)

2) If you swap in the first month, you're automatically in the next one. Even if you have to drop a month, you're still "an original swapper" and you get first dibs on each month's pattern.

3) If you don't have the ability to do that month's fly, opt out and someone else can step in.

Just throwing out an idea, that might appeal to a wider range of members.