Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
dryfly purist

Damn it´s cold.......

Okay ... how do I get all my feelings about this picture on here?

1) Gorgeous picture, Terje. I love the fog rising, the sun's glare through it, the color of the sky and the composition of the picture.

2) I HATE the snow and cold, so the whole scene is ruined by the foreground.

3) Disregard number 2, since seeing snow and cold on a picture means I don't have to actually be IN it.

4) Back to number 2, it's valid, since it reminds me of all those pretty days ruined by cold temperatures.

Repeat 2 through 4 over and over and you get the turmoil of feelings I am suffering through.

Truly great picture, Terje. Disturbing, but great. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Beautiful Terje! I've often said I think your home is the prettiest place of earth. ... and possibly the coldest. I need to tell you that I collect your photos.. have a folder on my laptop full of them so I can look at them whenever I want. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Terje......... I can't stand it any more. I have to ask:

1. is that a small house with shrubbery growing on its roof?

2. is that a light pole on the horizon just to the left of the structure.

and 3. if it is a light pole, then why? What around there needs a light?

Without filtering the blue out of the snow or else by editing in blue into the snow, it, that very blue, just adds to the cold atmosphere. Perfect balance. Nice composition, which can be hard to do in an open scene with not a ton of elements to work with. Good exposure, or editing which ever the case may be, done with dynamic range control, the shadows show detail, the sun not totally blown or blowing out around it. It's just a great photo.

Terje-

Great Photo. My experience has been when its that cold, it won't snow, because any water in the clouds is already frozen.

Thanks for posting.

Bill

Thanks a lot, Bill :-) :-)

You´re absolutely right, it won´t snow in this cold weather :-)

Terje

Okay ... how do I get all my feelings about this picture on here?

1) Gorgeous picture, Terje. I love the fog rising, the sun's glare through it, the color of the sky and the composition of the picture.

2) I HATE the snow and cold, so the whole scene is ruined by the foreground.

3) Disregard number 2, since seeing snow and cold on a picture means I don't have to actually be IN it.

4) Back to number 2, it's valid, since it reminds me of all those pretty days ruined by cold temperatures.

Repeat 2 through 4 over and over and you get the turmoil of feelings I am suffering through.

Truly great picture, Terje. Disturbing, but great. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Thanks a lot, Mike :-)

I´m a summer person myself, so i more or less agree with you on everything :-) :-)

Terje

Beautiful Terje! I've often said I think your home is the prettiest place of earth. ... and possibly the coldest. I need to tell you that I collect your photos.. have a folder on my laptop full of them so I can look at them whenever I want. Thanks for sharing them with us.

It is really beautiful these days, BUT it´s accutally to cold for me........so i´m really looking forward to the spring :-) .....unfortunately i have to wait another two months, but i´m going to Spain in Mars so there is something to look forward to :-) :-)

Terje