Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Ice fishing for pike, three ways

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 October 2019 - 04:28 PM

Here's a pike ice fishing video I did. It covers winter pike fishing in three ways, spearing, angling and tip-up fishing. I hope you like it.

#2 Flicted

Flicted

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 431 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 09:27 AM

I'm getting the itch now.  Hopefully we have more than a few weeks of fishable ice this year.

#3 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 10 October 2019 - 11:48 AM

I'm getting the itch too. I'm trying to keep all my week ends clear for ice fishing. The nights are dipping down into freezing temps so we might be able to start in a couple of weeks. Good luck.

#4 ggmiller

ggmiller

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 167 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 09:40 AM

Nice video, Mark! Thanks for posting it!!

#5 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 12:52 PM

You bet, thanks. The ice is almost thick enough here to start again.

#6 Lesg

Lesg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 03:28 PM

Mark, where did you find those tip-ups? They look like something from a road construction job but they are pretty cool. They probably help to keep your hole ice free as well.

Les

#7 Mark Knapp

Mark Knapp

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 999 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 04:33 PM

Mark, where did you find those tip-ups? They look like something from a road construction job but they are pretty cool. They probably help to keep your hole ice free as well.

Les

I got them on the internet. They were a Christmas present to myself. They're made by Firehouse. They're expensive but really nice. They keep the hole from freezing and keep the blowing snow out.

#8 Lesg

Lesg

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 07 November 2019 - 05:10 PM

Thanks for the info. Ice coming  here soon !!!