Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
willowhead

Mink Fur

I'm putting this on the Warmwater page simply because i can't remember what page it was where "someone" was looking for a Mink skin or some Mink, and i reccommended that they look around in the antique stores. If it was someone on this page.....please PM me..................i just got three of them.....YES, in an anitques store somewhere in Indiana. They're beautiful, and i only need to keep one. Although, i AM keeping all three tails. So, "yours" will be tailess. Sorry bout that. Like i said, i wasn't sure that "the person" looking for the material would see this if i put it elsewhere............Will, move if so desired. Just tryin' to help. Thankx, mark..... ;)

I second the antique store recommendation. I just got a white rabbit pelt, a mink collar and a bag of mink coat scraps. The huge bag of scraps was only $3. Looks like someone pulled apart an old coat. Most expensive was the collar at $12, but it's got about a hundred square inches of nice quality fur, with the guard hairs intact. Entire rabbit pelt was $4, and it has some darker patches of tan fur.

Sign in to follow this