Fly Tying
xterrabill

Show your bench

I seen a post or 2 with bench pics, I would love to see more.

I don't have a permanent dedicated bench myself, I am set up to be mobile. (so far)

post-61737-0-48543100-1508430370_thumb.jpg

post-61737-0-60561300-1508430379_thumb.jpg

Here's mine. Not much of a "tying station" as it is just the "desk I tie at".

P4030001.JPG

But I do have the built in trash can, so I can sweep clippings right into it.

P4030002.JPG

Thanks. It works well ... keeping the lid flush with the table top surface when I've got it closed.

Under the table, I put two wood strips routered to slide the trash can in. It slides out easily, to replace the plastic bag liner when it gets close to full.

World headquarters poopdeck bait and tackle. This is not a dedicated tying area since I like to be mobile with my tying stuff. I do everything from flies to furled leaders, lanyard making, saltwater plugs, shad spoons, jig making, jig painting, bullet making, electronic repair, and general tinkering. It's usually in better order but extensive home renovations has caused me to pack the laboratory (my basement) with the contents of other rooms. Almost done the home renovations and the laboratory is last on the list.

post-48414-0-01743800-1508458088_thumb.jpg

Mine's storable & portable. My tying station is a converted breakfast tray. I like xt's converted luggage cases for supplies... I use a bead crafter's storage box system for small stuff and hanging cosmetic travel bags for feathers, hair and other larger stuff, and a manicure case to keep my tools in.

Edit: added pic of it all packed up and ready to go home

post-60546-0-76645800-1508472079_thumb.jpg

post-60546-0-13040000-1508603165_thumb.jpg

Here's my custom bench I've had since the beginning three years ago. It moves around the house. Usually in front of the couch or recliner when in use, then back to a spare bedroom when not.

post-59266-0-30120900-1508497187_thumb.jpg

Yo cream, Must suck tying under pressure like that. I mean being watched constantly. The one on the far left is critiquing your whip finish, and he don't look pleased at all.

Nice mounts!

LOL ... I couldn't have all those deer heads up there.

They wouldn't bother me.

It's just that I'd be using them to hang stuff. Every antler tip would have stuff hanging on it within days.

4m7Xk9M.jpg

My dad and I built my bench 39 years ago. I'm on my third vise, fourth chair, have added additional light and several storage bins for materials but other than that its my work space several evenings or more a week depending on the season.

Back when I tied commercially my man cave looked like a small fly tying shop. Those bins in Creams picture I had a 8 foot wall covered with those 4 feet high And then about six ft of pegboard And a 8 foot long bench with drawers and cabinets above and below.

Man I miss that,now Im mobile with tubs and a hospital type TV table... pretty nice actually I just hate digging for everything