Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Northern Edge

need help identifying streamer materials

Hey Everyone,
Just signed up, what great site! I've been on here a bit for research in my fly tying endeavours.

I would consider myself a novice fly tyer at best. Just getting away from the basic patterns and getting into tying streamers. I have a few questions on these patterns I came across. I love these flies but am having trouble figuring out the material used on these 2 patterns. I think the materials are mostly synthetics but I am not too familiar on what they are. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Kyle

post-63208-0-45582600-1527277218_thumb.jpg

post-63208-0-51096500-1527277294_thumb.jpg

post-63208-0-86199100-1527277365_thumb.jpg

Just a thought but goto Orvis web site and look at materials. The body looks like pearlesant braid or tube while the other parts is just color variants of synthetic streamer body material and Crystal flash with live eyes most likely uv glue on head and eyes. Streamers are easy and basic in that pattern.

Welcome to the site. Can't help you on the materials ... it'd be only guesses from me.

Awesome thanks Tom. Its been tough trying to figure the materials out online. The pictures are usually of very poor quality.