Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
McFlyLures

Renzetti traveler review

Many of you experienced tiers probably have tied on or at least heard of this vise. However I thought Id help show some of the new tiers that might be in the market for a new vise. Some of the pros and cons of this medium priced Vise...

How is Renzetti's warranty and customer service ?

Thats a good question, honestly I dont know. I guess I should have looked that up and discussed that on the review.

How is Renzetti's warranty and customer service ?

in 30+ years of tying on a renzetti traveler, i too have never had to use it

geneal observations

in 30+ years, the o-ring has never broken or even shown signs of any kind of wear. however if it does break head go to your local big box hardware store and get some new o-rings.

in 30+ years i have never had to move the position of the jaws. middle hole only. i dont tie humungous flies nor do it tie size 32

3 versions: 2000 ($169.95), 2200 ($199.95) and 2300 ($199.95 (all black))

neither a penny or a dime fits the slot in the screw that adjusts the jaw location. use the proper tool - screwdriver

no mention of the bobbin cradle/rest and how to use it

did you forget to explain this thumb screw and its function

mCL7Rrr.jpg

Mine does not have the thumb screw, maybe thats on the older ones? I never use the bobbin cradle, so I didnt think to talk about it. and thats good that in 30 years you havent had to replace the rubber o ring. At my old work it was gone, and we used rubber bands. Of course I havent had to with mine yet so I figured that it might need replacing often since my boss told me it does. Maybe he got a bad one.

if this is the actual vise you reviewed then the screw is missing from the threaded hole

all newer versions of the traveller have this screw

https://www.renzetti.com/index.php/vises-189/traveler-series

mJ8GnFR.jpg

if youre gonna give a full review you should be reviewing all parts of the product

if this is the actual vise you reviewed then the screw is missing from the threaded hole

all newer versions of the traveller have this screw

https://www.renzetti.com/index.php/vises-189/traveler-series

mJ8GnFR.jpg

if youre gonna give a full review you should be reviewing all parts of the product

Mine did not come with that. I didnt even know it had a screw. Apparently the fly shop I bought it from must have lost that piece before selling me the vice at full price.

Btw, what is your problem with me? Everything I put out you seem to find fault with? Over some really stupid stuff. Not neccisarily this, but other things that are just silly. Like how I name my flies... lol

I haven't responded to any of your posts in many many months and I probably should have never responded to this one. I also haven't watched any of your videos but since this one was about renzetti traveler I was curious. Should have known better that any response would get under your skin.

I really don't care how or what your name your flies

So see ya

I haven't responded to any of your posts in many many months and I probably should have never responded to this one. I also haven't watched any of your videos but since this one was about renzetti traveler I was curious. Should have known better that any response would get under your skin.

I really don't care how or what your name your flies

So see ya

You did respond 2 weeks ago. Lol. However you deleted the post. Common man, dont lie. It was on a fly, and you said I stole a Fly name, and re-named it. However I named it exactly what the Fly originally was named. Haha. Whatever man.

Not taking sides here, but I hope to relate some constructive criticism on the video. First, it was too long. About half an hour for what could have been done better in about ten. And a rehearsal before you tape would have been helpful. Second, it wasn't specific enough. Too many repeated points, and an unfamiliarity of the names of parts....reference to "this" too many, way too many times. The parts of a Renzetti vise have names, and none are named "this." And the camera was too far away for a review of a vise...it was barely visual. Foreground was cluttered, not for tying, but for a review.

I appreciate your attempts to review a vise, but for me, it wasn't helpful.

I use this vise. Works flawless with anything from 5/0 to 30 though it's range is 4/0 to 28. As for the video put the lever at inline with jaws tighten adjustment screw then rotate lever 90 degree and that's proper use. Not how the video showed because the lever will get in the way and won't allow proper dull rotation. I use mine with rotation so I practice the endorsed and specified. Also mine has no damage because I know how to use it. The vise is relatively old but stable so I didn't see the need for a review. Cheaper works but don't expect ease. More expensive can work but do less. In short shop and learn before buy and buy when you know how and what you will tie.

I didn't watch the video until reading all the constructive criticism comments. First off all of the criticisms were spot on and none of them were made with malice. I didn't watch the entire video. 29 minutes is way to long for a review of a vice that has been reviewed a thousand times, so I may have watched 3 or so minutes in total. I'm not sure why anybody would need a review of a bobbin cradle or an O ring.