Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
SBPatt

Dai Riki 135 Shortage

A number of on-line vendors and all the fly shops in town are out of them in #10-14; one owner says he has no idea if/when he will get any more. Anyone know what the deal is?

Regards,

Scott

steel tariffs are making it tougher to get hooks from china :)

Interesting. Gonna have to start bending my own iron, I guess.

Regards,

Scott

Of course, Dai Riki hooks are made in Japan, but why let facts get in the way.

Scott: Asked the same question of my favorite supplier why the #075 was still out of stock, and the version I heard said there may be problems with the distributor. I thought Dan Bailey's was the distributor for the US, and even they are out of a lot of styles and sizes, with no ETA for when they might restock. Might be time to switch to something else until the supply situation straightens out -- or Dai Rikis disappear completely.

I thought Dan Bailey's was the distributor for the US, and even they are out of a lot of styles and sizes, with no ETA for when they might restock. Might be time to switch to something else until the supply situation straightens out -- or Dai Rikis disappear completely.

John,

It would be a sad day if Dai Riki goes away. I've always been happy with their quality and price.

Regards,

Scott

Found a good deal on scud hooks on Ebay; I liked the price, we'll see about the quality. Good thing, too; the little blue lines are calling and I have a bunch of Carnage drakes to tie up.

Regards,

Scott