Fly Tying

Fiber for dubbing

No have pink or purple hackle feathers so tried to improvise by dubbing the kids hair piece fibers instead. Worked out but the stuff is very slick so had to dab head cement to guarantee....Made the poppers outa dense foam from AC packaging I ran across. I guess there's lots of stuff you can spin and dub....This stuff wouldn't work for short hackle though too stiff trimmed short.

Fiber as dubbing for hackle....

IMG_4202.jpg

IMG_4200.jpg

IMG_4199.jpg

That was a good idea!Looks great!

Good looking poppers and thanks for the tips. Can you tell me more about the foam you are using?

I switched from saddle hackles to synthetic mixed dubbing last year and have found the synthetic materials are much more durable.

Jim P, flip flops make great poppers. And cheap, and in various colors. They aren't necessarily pretty, at least the way I tie them, but they catch a lot of fish.

Jim P, flip flops make great poppers. And cheap, and in various colors. They aren't necessarily pretty, at least the way I tie them, but they catch a lot of fish.

Thanks Gene for the input, Denduke's foam is a bit thicker than most of the "flip flop" foam we all have access to. He seems to be making some big poppers there. Just curious about the source. Thanks,

Ain't got a clue what the foam is called found it on AC shipping crate.

Tried one with fiber, crystal flash and flashbo in the dub.

IMG_4203.jpg

IMG_4204.jpg

IMG_4206.jpg

Legs for ole bucketmouth.

IMG_4207.jpg