Fly Tying
add147

Mylar Tubing Swap - Any Type of Fly

**SWAP IS FULL**

It is hard to imagine that this year is almost over! Where has the time gone??? I was looking at some flies online and I thought it might be nice to have a swap that would incorporate mylar tubing in the pattern. It does not matter what type of fly you tie as long as it has mylar tubing! Any size, color, pattern, I do not care as long as there is mylar tubing involved.

I was thinking of a due date of 20 January 2017 next year. Yes, I know that is a bit far out but with the holidays coming up I figure that would be the best. I am looking for 12 tiers and standard swap rules apply. Those of you that have participated in swaps know the drill. Please make sure that you apply toes tags to your flies and place you handle or name on your container also self addressed envelope with the appropriate postage need to be included. For those of you that use a postal meter postage for your return envelope MAKE SURE THAT THE POSTMARK DOES NOT HAVE A DATE ON IT. The Post Office will not mail it out because it has a post mark date that is old. This has happen to me a few time and I had to pay for the return postage.

Looking for 12 tiers! Step on up and give this one a try!!!!

SW - add147

1. Idaho RC Received

2. vicrider Received

3. Rick Zieger Received

4 vicente Received

5. stabgdin Received

6. rich mc Received

7. flytire Received

8. Dorado Received

9. txdiscgolfer Received

10. jjs89yj Recieved

11. ang54 Received

12. Dubs Recieved

I wasn't even sure what mylar tubing was until I looked it up. I will give it a shot. I think there are other types of tubing right? Only mylar tubing? I will have to get some so I don't really care either way.

Yep, I'll have the Christmas Swap all done and delivered and have time to do this one. Have to see if I have enough tubing or need to pick some up but have a fly in mind for this.

Kimo, get in there and braid this stuff like a b...ch. *1

*Footnote 1. Access Holywood, Billy Bush, on the bus 12 years back....

Block me if I violated a site rule banning political posts, but I am trying to see how one gets a "warning."

In with a Cyperts Minnow.

Rick

Oh sure. One of the first things that came to mind but I didn't speak up. Actually, I do have a different tie in mind so I'm kiddin' ya' but I do like that minnow.

DSC00919_zpsfbd68e5e.jpg

And this is hit with the UV light to show the fluorescent stripe on hook wound with fluoro thread.

DSC00921_zps384bfaeb.jpg

I wasn't even sure what mylar tubing was until I looked it up. I will give it a shot. I think there are other types of tubing right? Only mylar tubing? I will have to get some so I don't really care either way.

Well to be honest I am not aware of any other type of tubing that is used in fly tying.

its tying season so why not. i'm in with a lopez minnow

Lopez%20Minnow_zpseap7cg5f.jpg

there are various types of tubing but they are not the mylar variety

I've never tied with mylar material. This will be a great chance to incorporate something new into my arsenal of tying technique and materials. I'll join if you have room. Thanks Add. -Dorado