Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
Steeldrifter

She cleans up well

iNaWuB.jpg
Puz8qS.jpg
d78cjw.jpg
ZhPchd.jpg

Hard to believe the ol' girl is almost 30 years old but believe it or not my Dad bought it brand new in 1990 and when he passed in 96 it became mine and I've tried to keep it in good running order. Spent all day yesterday cleaning it up and getting it ready for 16 full days of fly caught smallmouth & pike on the Au Sable. Annual trip is right around the corner.

Bryon- I think you go to that part of the state fishing a bit, are you gonna be in the area at all this month? If so we should try to hook up for a day on the water.

My boat is a similar design (2007 Lowe FS165 ) and 11 years old in great shape. But I hope it looks as nice as yours when it hits 30 and my son owns it ! Good job ! And you dog, nothing but smallies and pike for two weeks ?

Probably have a day or two of trout mixed in as long as the temps drop enough so that the water temps upstream in the trout waters is fishable, but yep mostly smallies & pike for two weeks :)

Probably have a day or two of trout mixed in as long as the temps drop enough so that the water temps upstream in the trout waters is fishable, but yep mostly smallies & pike for two weeks smile.png

Enjoy your trip Steve !

Ahhhhhh. The two happiest days. the day you buy a boat and the day you sell the boat. Just sold my Sea Ray Weekender yesterday. Hope your fishing is good.

Yep, if you take care of them they will last a long time. Here is my 1983 Charger bass boat that I bought used in 1986 and have used every year since. In fact I had it out on the lake yesterday. This photo was taken last fall just after my annual cleaning

post-58-0-22477200-1533226121_thumb.jpg