Fly Tying
J.Z

"It comes in any color, as long as it is chartreuse"

I have been out of the loop for some time, but in the last few months I have been tying up a storm and decided that it was time I became active in the swaps again. If I need to re-meet swapmeister qualifications just let me know, if not itll be great to be doing this again.

I am going to fish the salt in a little over a week and as I was looking over my box(es) I noticed a common quality that they all shared, that being almost all of them contained chartreuse. This swap, if okay'd, will be open to thirteen people including myself, and twenty-four flies each. 12 topwater, and 12 streamers. Examples: trout-mouse/sculpin_bass-diver/deciever_tarpon-popper/ep streamer etc.

So, if this gets the ok I'd be tying a wicked long crease fly inspired topwater fly and a green zima inspired pike fly. Well, happy tyings!

1. J.Z - WL Crease Fly/ zimamonster

2 carpflyguy- bucktail streamer/foam bluegill gurgler

3 portlyjoe- Badger Spearing/wood popper

4 ryanbreault- frog popper/beluga gibson

Edit: Changed number of tiers from 13 to 7.

I'm interested, but I can't be sure yet. Are we talking just bigger flies for pike and bass, or would like a bluegill popper be acceptable too for topwater? Not that that's what I'd tie, but I'm trying to see if this is more like saltwater based or for anything, as long as it is chartreuse. And assuming it fills up semi-shortly, like by the end of the week, what do you think we would be looking for at a deadline? I'm just wondering because I'll be away for a while, and will have less free time than usual. Thanks

I think any type of streamer and any type of popper would be good, it doesn't hurt to hit every species with a little chartreuse. (and I am tying big purely because I just recently tied a hundred size 4 bonefish flies and a few hundred trout flies for guiding this summer, so i gotta get back to tying big).

As for a deadline, I was thinking april 25th?

Okay, I'm in. I'll do some sort of bucktail streamer for the subsurface and a foam bluegill gurgler for the topwater.

The 25th is a good date.

Also, chartreuse ranges. Mine are closer to green than yellow.

Also, chartreuse ranges. Mine are closer to green than yellow.

Don't worry, I am colorblind so I won't likely notice the difference. Any chartreuse will do :D

A fellow member kindly pointed out to me that there are a large number of big fly swaps going on right now. With that in mind I think that 7 tiers and just a dozen flies each would be much more managable considering the circumstances. Still two different patterns, just less time consuming/knuckle-busting.

I'd like to be in this one. This would be my first swap. If you dont mind a noob.

Im looking forward to seeing your flies! Just let me know what they are when you are ready.

this is an example of my streamer, the one I'll be tying for this swap will have Chartreuse in it. I call it a Badger spearing. As for my popper I'm still working on that. I will be turning some wood for the body this week end.

thanks for the invite i hope I dont disapoint.

post-54906-0-62554400-1425840016_thumb.jpg This will be the second fly . Three inch long damsel/dragonfly.No 4 Gamakatsu. does this work for the second part of the Swap?

Im almost done with my flies, send me an address as a pm.. I should have them ready to go by the mid week. Btw I'm sending them in a box (small) that will have a paid return sticker inside it for you is that acceptable?

Hey, JZ i have my flies ready to go! pm Me the address to send them.

thanks Joe.

Sorry about being out of touch, was in Mexico and my bag with my laptop got lost, thankfully none of my flies, reels, or rod were in the bag. And the streamer I am tying for this swap certainly works, was going for snook and ended up landing a baby tarpon instead, a pleasant surprise.

No worries Mate. How many are we suppose to send? Theres only three of us? I have 10 tied of each. do we send three of each style?