Fly Tying
vicrider

November ends Monthly Swap and special offer

Monthly Swappers please read...

Just for laughs thought I'd mention they just had weather warning on TV again. We're in an area that has Tornado Watch tonight and winter storm warning tomorrow night. Ain't that grand. We're out of the bulk of it though so no sweat.

Anyway, I wanted to bring up again that this month is the last for the monthly swap. No December swap. You'll have to wait until you open the Santa Surprise boxes. I picked up a couple of boxes today for swap but had note there was items that wouldn't fit in box so maybe Monday. Joseph Russell came thru with usual great nymphs and Crackleback has an interesting tie. My mis-diagnosis would think it's a Klinkhammer hook, a tight grey dubbed body and a parachute with white stem that appears to be a hair-achute fly. He also included an extra for me that is one of those Nemo type deer hair ties with Nemo shape, 2 fins on both sides, full length dorsal fin of herl, and fantastic tail of Peacock. Something that could never come off my vise in a dozen years. Thank you so much for that. I'll get pics of it when all flies are in.

Okay, I'll take orders for next year's swap on this thread. All people who stuck in for the whole year are guaranteed a spot if they choose. Others can sign in and will fill in after this year's swappers decide. Next year will be 11 months also with no December flies and I won't set a deadline (which didn't work) except flies IN in the month called for. I'll work out the monthly ties pretty much based on this years but I'll drift around the country and try to pick flies that are the hot fly in certain areas at that time of year.

Nick

Vicrider..................ready

1. Add147..............received

2. Joseph Russell..received

3. Jolly Red............received

4. J-Kno.................

5. Crackleback.......received

6. Michael Ray.......received

7 .Breambuster......received

8. djtrout................received

9. Netabrookie.......received

10. border collies...received

11. kennebec12.....received

12. artimus001

Hey nick my daughter is getting her first fly rod this year that would put a huge smile on her face she's 10

You're in Joseph, what's her first name?

vic, did you get my flies yet? i know you are about as busy as can be with the Santa swap. you should have received my fur flies by now.

uh oh. wonder what happened; in spite of the time of year they should easily have been there by now. give a day or two i guess and see what happens. a set of flies I mailed on same day to Virginia (down the road from me a couple hours only) got there on Dec 3. maybe another day or two. I should have anticipated better.

Bump for monthly swappers to read first post in thread. Everyone keeping their hands off the Christmas box?

As much as I would love too I won't be able to play again next year, the wife and I have our second baby coming and I think my time at the bench will be dwindling even further for the next few years. But I'm looking forward to Novembers flies (and at the rate this winter is beginning maybe I'll use them that day, it was in the 50's today).

Joe, you're in since my buddy kennebec can't make it next year. Swap's loss but I've already seen nice stuff from you. You need to look over the list before you commit though. One of the swaps will be a size 18 or smaller since there is one of those every year, and when we do one of the nymph swaps there's always a few in there that could slide through the eye of your saltwater flies.

Nick

Joe, you're in since my buddy kennebec can't make it next year. Swap's loss but I've already seen nice stuff from you. You need to look over the list before you commit though. One of the swaps will be a size 18 or smaller since there is one of those every year, and when we do one of the nymph swaps there's always a few in there that could slide through the eye of your saltwater flies.

Nick

Thank you very much Nick, the small ones will be ok we do have some sunfish around here that would love to eat them! Will you start a new post for the new year?