Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

Another Mystery

2 replies to this topic

#1 Rocco

Rocco

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,079 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:19 AM

Just wondering where do the patterns go that appear in "Most viewed" at the top? I was just reading the menu for the bead chain stonefly nymph and weent back to the top to save it to my boomarks -- and it was gonefor good apparently.

By now I do ot have to confess to my cyber challenged condition do I?

Rocco

#2 shoebop

shoebop

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 06:28 AM

The banner at the top of the page  rotates on a schedule. The photos come from the fly pattern database so you can find them there. 

Shoebop

#3 Bryon Anderson

Bryon Anderson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,915 posts

Posted 06 June 2014 - 08:40 AM

Click "Fly Pattern Database" at the far left of the gray bar at the top of the page

On the Fly Pattern Database page, click "Search"

on the Search page, scroll down to where it says "text search" and type "stone fly nymph" into the little box. If the fly you're looking for isn't in the results of that search, try going back and typing in "stonefly nymph" or "stone nymph" or other variations until one of them brings up the pattern you want. FYI: I already tried searching "bead chain stone fly nymph" and "beadchain stone fly nymph" and "bead chain" and got 0 results on those. I'd start with "Stone Fly nymph"

Good luck -- Bryon

"... trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience." -- John Voelker (aka Robert Traver), Testament of a Fisherman

Reply to this topic