Fly Tying
vicrider

February Monthly Swap

I called this swap for beadheads but will expand that some to include bead chain and glass heads. Many flies out there that don't just mean a bead head in front of a bugger. Here's one example of a fly with a bead that would be fine for swap.

soft hackle2.JPG

I'd also like to bring up something to make my life easier. I seriously am not sure if I have every box going back to the orininal sender. From now on, and this would definitely help all swapmeisters, I would like people to put two things on their box, whichever kind you use. I would like your board name on there and your real name on there. If they are one and the same great, otherwise let's put them both on there. I've taken to using the many address labels they send you for every charity out there and then adding my board name to that. Thank you in advance. It will mean you'll get the flies you should in the box you sent and save me headaches I create for myself in sorting.

Vicrider.................ready

1. Add147

2. Joseph Russell

3. Jolly Red...........arrived

4. trez...................arrived

5. Crackleback......arrived

6. Dorado.............arrived

7 .Breambuster....arrived

8. djtrout...............arrived

9. Bassbugn.........arrived

10. border collies..arrived

11. kennebec12....arrived

12. Bambudday.....arrived

Hi there,

I'm from the UK and would happily offer up some of my cat's whiskers - great for reservoir fishing over here this time of year and come complete with dumbbell eyes!!

miles, this is a monthly filled swap with everyone already in. You're lucky because my wife won't me cut any of our cat's whiskers to tie flies with.rolleyes.gif

Keep an eye out for other swaps and you're cat's whiskers would be more than welcome. If you do carp flies there is openings on that swap yet. Thanx for the offer tho.

I'm going to attempt a pattern that I've never tied before but have been wanting to try. It's a Dave Hise pattern called a "Hetero-Genius Orange." Hope I can do it right and that it works for you guys.

Take care

BB

BB, that's one of those ties that fit 6 materials on a fairly small hook. Not the easiest thing to do. I find it helps to go down to 14/0 or 16/0 thread. Veesus is still plenty strong for that but gives you a lot more room when working with it. Good luck. Look forward to having one in the box.

Good dj, I'm expecting some arrivals to start showing up pretty soon. I'll try to get pics again before I sent them out and let the others see what they're missing.

My flies are in the mail. I tied a simple pattern...a "Bleeding Cone Head" streamer. Effective pattern to use in the spring for trout as the ice recedes from the lake shoreline. Also works in warm weather climates too.

My flies are in the mail as well...

Braided wire bead head nymph, I call the sinker, (hot pink).

Few more sets in and more on the way. I'm going to give BorderCollies next month off for tying. He included two months flies in one envelope. Anything to save postage. I may get a chance to fish you soft hackle before the March flies are even in. Hoping for a trip to AR next month if weather turns for the better, or else in April for sure health permitting.

ps...Thank you to those remembering to put board name and real name on containers. WIll make all swapmeisters lives easier if we make this a practice.

Just a FYI...I've got mine tied but I am iced in from the storm and cannot get into town to mail them. Hopefully tomorrow will be better....Sorry for the delay!