Fly Tying
flytire

the fly fishing show

Hope the East Coast show is better than the one we get. Show has not been worth going to in years. Twenty years ago, it was a treat, now almost no shops bother getting booths, very few of the national vendors attend, and the presentations are the same every year. No thanks.

thats precisely the reason i havent gone to the show for a number of years. it had gotten stale with the same old vendors etc

maybe this year may be different. ill wat to see what the weather does before making the 76 mile drive

after experiencing bot shows in the past, the difference between the denver and the marlboro show is night and day. no comparison

I missed the Somerset show for the first time since 1999 last year. Like everything else in life, once you missed out you can never get it back.

To make up for it (so to speak) I will make the four hour ride up there from New Jersey and spend the weekend attending.

I also plan on attending the Edison show as well.

Cabin fever, what is that !!??

The New Jersey show used to be the best in the east as far as vendors go (my opinion) the Marlboro show has been getting smaller vendor wise and does not take up as much floor space as the past. I am torn between the NJ show in its new location, Edison, and wondering if it may be a better show for material. Did not attend the tying symposium this year PA was a little to far and the parking in downtown Lancaster was less than desirable for me. I always have the CFFA show in East Hartford, CT, although much smaller I seem to enjoy it or Bears Den has a show later in the year.

I didn't make the Fly Tying Symposium this year. First time in I don't know how long. Lancaster wasn't worth the hassle of parking. Hopefully, they'll move it to Edison next year. I will be going to the Edison show. My salt water club has a table there. I'll be working it on Saturday. Not sure whether I'll be tying or not. If anyone is going to be there, stop by and say hi.

I didn't make the Fly Tying Symposium this year. First time in I don't know how long. Lancaster wasn't worth the hassle of parking. Hopefully, they'll move it to Edison next year. I will be going to the Edison show. My salt water club has a table there. I'll be working it on Saturday. Not sure whether I'll be tying or not. If anyone is going to be there, stop by and say hi.

What club?

I stopped going to the marlboro show, i miss the show that they used to have at the shriners hall in wilmington. I will hopefully make the bears den show instead.

Striperknight, after I posted I realized I left the club name out. South Jersey Coastal Fly Anglers. We're usually next to the CFR table.