Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

TFF:New Zealand Kingifhs on the Flats

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 TFF Staff

TFF Staff

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:45 PM

One again I had the pleasure of the company of "The Snapper", we had an idea for a story on Barracoutta on fly in our minds when we set out... little did we know the breakthrough the day would bring.

The water temp had just hit high enough for the barracoutta to make themselves absent, not a bad thing. The Kings were on the reefs but the conditions started to get a bit dicey so we headed back to the harbor...

I have been working on catching the Kings on the sand flats of the harbor here for some time but we had to put a few pieces of the puzzle together to make it work... like clockwork they fell into place and it all became clear.

We anchored in a favored Bay and started our search on foot wading the sand flats... it took five minutes for the first to show and success was instantaneous....

For the rest of the info you will need to wait until the issue of a magazine comes out with the full story. Suffice to say I believe this to be a major breakthrough in SWF in NZ.
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Reply To This Topic: http://www.talkflyfi...showtopic=16397