Welcome to FlyTyingForum.com

FlyTyingForum.com is the largest fly tying community in the world and we hope you take a moment to register for a free account and join this amazingly friendly and helpful group of anglers. FTF has over 12,000 registered members that have made over 300,000 posts and have uploaded over 6,000 patterns to our exclusive fly pattern database!

If you are an experienced fly tier or just starting out FTF is the perfect place to call home. Click Here To Register for a Free Account

Fly Pattern Database / Browse by Topics / Browse by Material / Fly Tying Bench Database / Fly Fishing & Tying Videos / FTFCurrent(NEW!)
Featured Products: Fly Tying Hooks / Fly Tying Scissors / Waterproof Fly Boxes
Photo

TFF:Mountain Brook Trout Caught 01/07/08

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
No replies to this topic

#1 TFF Staff

TFF Staff

Bait Fisherman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 0 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 08:13 PM

Well all it was a sunny 66 today. My wife, god bless her, suggested I do a little fly fishing since I had the day off. Seemed like a good thought to me so off I went with my brand new 6'6" 2 weight to the mountains to do a little brook trout fishing. Let me say this, after being there a while, I forgot how hard it is to cast on a small mountain stream. I also forgot just how spooky those native mountain stream brookies can be. It has been several years since I last went out and fly fished for them. The funny thing is, I cut my teeth doing this kind of fishing. Well after much fighting with trees, rocks and the odd bush and losing 5 flies in three minutes to them, I managed to catch the first nine brook trout of the season. Not too bad for the beginning of January. They were all caught on a size 16 yellow humpy. Well...thought I would share.

Reply To This Topic: http://www.talkflyfi...showtopic=16701