Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  
alcga

Intro to the forum (and my trash flies)

Everyone,

Just wanted to quickly introduce myself to the forum. The wealth of information and support of members here is great - thanks for having me. I live in GA and am thankful that I get to fish just about every weekend. I've been tying for about a year and the less discriminating fish seem to eat my flies from time to time. Here's a few pics of what I've been tying recently...

-Aaron

post-58485-0-16009500-1456254634_thumb.jpg
post-58485-0-27194400-1456254676_thumb.jpg
post-58485-0-30726600-1456255716_thumb.jpg
post-58485-0-70828400-1456254728_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the site, Alcga. This probably should have been in the "introduce yourself" forum, rather than the "photography corner" forum ... but it ain't gonna cause any real grief. Looks like some good flies ... What are you fishing for in your neck o' the woods?

Welcome to the site, Alcga. This probably should have been in the "introduce yourself" forum, rather than the "photography corner" forum ... but it ain't gonna cause any real grief. Looks like some good flies ... What are you fishing for in your neck o' the woods?

Just realized that I accidentally posted this in the wrong forum - sorry guys. Please feel free to move or delete this thread, admin.

Mike, thanks. Mostly N. Georgia trout but have a feeling that I'll need to head back up to TN when things warm up to get my smallie fix. Used to be tough to trade a trout fishing day for bass but find myself missing the good SMB fishing up there.

Fishing is fishing. Never chased trout, myself, but I have caught a few up at my Dad's in Wyoming.

Every once in a while, my job takes me near the places where trout are supposed to be, but I never seem to be there at the right times. (Winter, up North, fishing is painful for me at that time)

I do know that the trout I have caught didn't thrill me any more than a good Bluegill or nice Bass. Didn't thrill me any less, either. One fish on the hook is as good as another.

Aaron welcome ! Hey maybe along the way the guys up in the fly fishing forum and in the tying forum can get you hooked up with a few more fish than you're catching now. Your flies are fine but there may something more in the offering yet !

Welcome Aaron. I live in Fla half time and western NC the other half but I've never yet fished for trout. I prefer lake fishing. Those are nice flies but I'd like a better view of what looks to me like a crawfish with white claws (the third pic). It sounds like maybe you're in the Gainesville Ga area, in which case you're in reach of both streams and some good lakes up north of Atlanta, and lots of great reservoirs in eastern TN. Let us see some of those smallmouths... we don't get lots of news about them.

By the way Aaron, you might want to go to your profile and beef it up a little bit so guys can know a little about you down the road when they want to reply to your posts. It sometimes helps us provide useful answers if we know something about the person we're answering.

North GA has some outstanding trout fishing. I have a friend who has several mounts of rainbows over 24 inches. Depending on where you live, three come to mind that friends fish- Soque Creek, Toccoa River, Jack's River. Jack's is on the TN/GA line east of US 411; for reference Toccoa runs through Blue Ridge and is called the Ocoee in TN. Now you have committed to fish pictures, you know.