Fly Tying
Sign in to follow this  

Deceiver Attempt #2

Well guys thanks to the valuable input that I received in my first attempt at a deceiver I went back to the vise to correct the errors. Thanks to everyone for the tips they really pushed me in the right direction. I hope that at least this time I have a "real" deceiver, but if there are still some mistakes please let me know because I don't wanna tie up a whole mess of these and then someone says "hey this is all wrong".

I must note that this fly is more "flashy" in reality but the camera is just not picking it up for whatever reason dunno.gif

This time I did use some red hackle for the throat and I built up an epoxy head and then painted it and then applied another layer of epoxy. I will probably use stick on eyes in the future but wanted to try my luck at hand painted them.

Anyway thanks again for your help guys and that's the reason why this place is here, to help each other along, and I hope no hard feelings resulted in the discussion of my pathetic ugly flies wink.gif

Once again any feedback is appreciated

user posted image

caught on quick with the epoxy, did you? Looks good! Be a great fly for my creek....get down in the deeper holes in June...still wanna fish it? LOL

Great fly...it's progressing nicely!

pathetic and ugly fly? You`re crazy! This fly, if I can say this without gettin chewed out, is a great fly! Should deffinentally catch fish! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

QUOTE (steeldrifter @ Dec 15 2003, 10:41 PM)
Will i dont tie decievers but that looks like a winner to me thumbup.gif

That's because you can't biggrin.gif

Really? I get one of those, and all I have to di is tie up a dozen flies? SWEET! Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck

TB don't you worry bud I got alot of patterns I want to play with this winter so your gonna be hearing from me often blink.gif

Well yall, I`m checkin off the board for a while if he`s gonna be pesterin us with MORE patterns all through the winter. I`ll be back when turkey season starts! LOL! j/p! It`s alright Smallie, keep postin them, I like seein what everyone ties. Tight lines and good tyin!-redneck